Acequinocyl in Distillate

Hello there Future4200 community! As the title says the most recent batch of distillate that came out ended up testing hot at 30ppm of Acequinocyl. My state limit is 10ppm. First question is what remediation technique should I employ? Next is where would this be coming from? Everything is single source and the only previous pesticides Ive seen are myclobutanil which was not present in this sample. Last but not least, what are the dangerous side effects of consumption? My state has everything else at far lower acceptable limits so that makes me wonder how serous this pesticide is to have present.

Any info that could be offered would be greatly appreciated as its difficult to find solid information about this substance!

Acequinocyl is an interesting one. The tricky part is determining if the identification of this signal is accurate. Sadly, though many labs claim their pesticide measurements are selective and sensitive, the truth of the matter is that most pesticide methods for cannabis concentrates are quite awful. I wont get into the nitty gritty, but when I look at the structure of this pesticide it is very similar to common phytochemical flavonoids. This pesticide is likely derived from a naturally occuring flavonoid, or is actually an isolated flavonoid. So this pesticide could be a false positive due to the presence of a structurally similar naturally occurring flavonoid.

On the other hand - looks like this is a miticide used to protect against spider mites. So the grower of the biomass might have had an outbreak of spider mites that he took care of by applying acequinocyl.

1 Like

Claims he never used any sprays. Never heard about a mite outbreak either. Will probably retest through another lab to get a second opinion if its a possible false positive.

1 Like

It’s a polar molecule, should be easily adsorbed by silica or magnesium silicate.

1 Like

Dissolve in pentane and and just pass it over a column of MagSil and Silica Gel, no LLE necessary?

2 Likes

Should do the trick.

2 Likes