About to go get a 2L from summit, also need a consult

It has a check valve. It will slowly lose micron, but won’t suck back oil. If that’s what you are asking. The dude that ran that pump with the 5L kit I have, would change the oil right then. Start back up and start to pull thc again, and swing down the arm. Because when you stop, you’ll start to pull heads again, “apparently”.

1 Like

How’s your wiped film distillation recovery thing thing going? It didn’t blow up and kill you, or take too many fingers. What’s the progress on it?

1 Like

Mix of chemglass and Chinese glass

Am I insane ? This is for hot condenser tek.

5 Likes

looks dope @Rowan

2 Likes

I like the doohikee. This is a pretty sweet setup.

1 Like

What’s a doohickey also thanks

2 Likes

I will definitely look that piece up. Thank you for the responses.

@Rowan @Dred_pirate

Lol, i searched on it, found a beer opener :smiley: :rofl:

1 Like

I have this 5l setup. I want another cold trap, Edward’s 30, and need that laminar piece. @spdking you got a good price for one of those. That’ll please you, right?

@Fireinfireout the mono cow swing is this one, right here.

2 Likes

The Graham condensor before the cold trap. Doohikee.

2 Likes

That’s a friedrichs condenser and they make MASSIVE ones that are like $600 and I want one.

It’s pretty much a coldfinger- the whole inside bit fills with coolantand has a spiral molded surface so condensate drops down evenly

2 Likes

Ah I was just going off the coil. This Frederick guy sounds legit.

1 Like

@Dred_pirate :rofl:

@Rowan, Where can i get that bellow connection for vac gauge, also have dual traps with ordered setup with 24/40

1 Like

I got it on best value vacs, DM me about it

4 Likes

I am focused on getting the crude made and there’s been a lot of dumb shit go down so I’m doing it solo- just booked another 1000# split after this 1300# is done… wiper is a slow meticulous kind of project - I have all the parts here but I don’t have time to stop extracting and spend whole weekends in the welding shop cause I’m also opening a weekend only bar/restaurant and getting ready to go work for black rock city DPW for a month this summer.

I won the future4200 Instagram giveaway that’s why I figured hey why not grab a 5L mantle and flask to fit the free head… I owned all of the rest of the glass already and I want some of this crude turned into distillate so I can get some cash flow… selling crude is dumb.

5 Likes

I run an Alcatel on my 5L no issues. Just one

2 Likes

I run an alcatel on my 22 liter, I distill between 150 to 200 microns at 4000 feet during main body

2 Likes

I knew those pumps were little bad asses.

Are you running the big bastard I think the 2033