AB-45 Hemp Bill Discussion

The actual Bill - Bill Text - AB-45 Industrial hemp products.

Below is an excerpt from an article about it. Link to full article https://californiaglobe.com/articles/cannabis-industry-hemp-expansion-bill-signed-by-governor/

A bill that expands cannabis laws in California to include the legalization of smokable industrial hemp, as well as hemp or cannabinoid inclusion in food, drink, cosmetics, and pet food, was signed into law by Governor Gavin Newsom on Wednesday.

Assembly Bill 45, authored by Assemblywoman Cecilia Aguiar-Curry (D-Winters), will now require manufacturers of dietary supplements and food that includes industrial hemp to register with the State Department of Public Health and prove that all parts of the industrial hemp plant are used. Industrial hemp and cannabinoid infused dietary supplements, food, drinks, cosmetics, or pet food will also need to not be adulterated before sale, with proper legal restrictions on those products to be included upon approval.

5 Likes

(l) “THC” or “THC or comparable cannabinoid” means any of the following:
(1) Tetrahydrocannabinolic acid.
(2) Any tetrahydrocannabinol, including, but not limited to, Delta-8-tetrahydrocannabinol, Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, and Delta-10-tetrahydrocannabinol, however derived, except that the department may exclude one or more isomers of tetrahydrocannabinol from this definition under subdivision (a) of Section 111921.7.
(3) Any other cannabinoid, except cannabidiol, that the department determines, under subdivision (b) of Section 111921.7, to cause intoxication.

@Kingofthekush420 going to FL now?

1 Like

@shattertramp

Do you need to rent my space, every few days?

Lol

Finally something coming from the West that’s worth a shit, for me.

1 Like

What they’re doing is unconstitutional, I’ve got a lawyer who told me I’ve got a solid case pham.

3 Likes

There is some good news in here for folks like @Realterpsmatter Seems no more fake terps!

Article 10. Inhalable Products

Inhalable products shall not be sold to consumers under 21 years of age.

A hemp manufacturer who produces inhalable products shall comply with this chapter and, to the extent applicable, with the provisions of this part.

An inhalable product shall not contain any of the following:
(a) Flavorings other than natural terpenes.
(b) Polyethylene glycol (PEG).
(c) Vitamin E acetate.
(d) Medium chain triglycerides (MCT oil).
(e) Squalene or squalane.
(f) Any other substance that the department finds to be a danger to public health.

Again for those in the back!
An inhalable product shall not contain any of the following:
(a) Flavorings other than natural terpenes.

I guess natural would still include fake terps and isolates that are naturally found though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems kind of awesome - as it completely uncovers the gray zone and lets the people who wanted all the GMP groups to do their work in the light of day. And it doesn’t limit exports to other states at all (so if you didn’t want to do your GMP thing in the light of day…)

So goes California, so goes the world?

1 Like

(f) “Industrial hemp” has the same meaning as in Section 11018.5. “Industrial hemp” does not include cannabinoids produced through chemical synthesis.

So no conversions? CBN, CBT, CBC are all off the table?

Dammit I need a weed lawyer again.

2 Likes