A Mushroom Meet Up

I knew you would reply and would have some amazing input. I am glad you view WillyBilly as not putting it down. I like your perspective. Had me worried that due to other people doing these things poorly this idea would not take off well. I would love to be more to participate in the coming events

1 Like

Just followed the page. I can not wait to check this out.

1 Like

I’ve been very curious about trying to figure out how to grow morals even on a level just to provide myself with delicious treats. I’ve been so busy setting up my shop I haven’t had time to read more on their growth. It is something I plan to experiment with as well once things are moved in correctly

2 Likes

Oh that’s her event? I’m the backup location lol

4 Likes

This is why we’re a good team, Boss. :heart::heart:

1 Like

I love this ! This is why I came to this forum. Thank you everyone for contributing and showing me some new information and events

1 Like

I’ll be heading to this Morel Festival this weekend. Should be a pretty good time. There’s going to be tons of food, a parade, and fireworks, too. At least I’ll get to eat some morels this year, even if I don’t get out to find any. Definitely going to be buying a few pounds!

3 Likes

If I was not running a shop all weekend, I would have been thrilled to make it over there for this event it truly sounds like an awesome time.

1 Like

How was it?

2 Likes

God I miss picking morels this time of year in the PNW more than anything but the fresh spring king salmon. I’m in so cal and I get a small handful of morels every winter after a bunch of trial and error and probably 50 pounds of dried morels dumped around the property. I remember selling thousands of pounds of morels my gf and myself picked in Washington for $8 a pound. My God what I would give to be able to buy fresh ones down here for even double that. I saw some at a farmers market in SD and they were $8 a mushroom :joy:

6 Likes

Let’s start a new side hussle. Sup Sup

5 Likes

Morel hunting and selling? I have heard of it being done, but I wonder how difficult it is to find a decent patches near LA

1 Like

Morels at the Ballard farmers market yesterday were being sold for $38/lb

5 Likes

Ya, just like always though, some commodity that sells to final consumers for a huge amount but I end up dumping a ton at pennies on the dollar because a distribution network for moving products is often more valuable than the product itself. Sounds familiar for some reason :joy:

3 Likes

I’ve heard this so many times from all my friends who’ve foraged for profit, usually it’s the from the truffle dudes.

Obviously in other markets too but mushrooms go crazy with it

2 Likes

It was a good time. Lots of neat vendors selling morel themed art, along with other craft fair goodies. Nice little parade and some bouncy houses for the kiddos. Beautiful sunny weather, great food, and lots of interesting people.

We nearly missed the morels. Got two of the last three little four ounce cups of fried morels. $12.50 a pop, but my little girl tried them and loved them, so totally worth it.

Wanted to buy some to take home and share, but they sold out way before we got there. The Lions Club sold 400 pounds at $50 a pop! Expensive, but I still would have bought a few if I could have.

2 Likes

So youre gonna bring in a scientist to listen to while youre tripping balls?