A Leap Towards Efficiency and Consistency

I was spending weeks and many man-hours switching out media-filled columns over and over again, always deviating the final color only slightly. This irritated me.

It was then I began the journey into bulk processing the initial runs, collecting them, and dissolving them into a 25-gal storage overnight. I would then remediate the entire batch in one run through one CRC. This saved me much time. I was never able to find any information on dilution ratios or media ratios for dissolved concentrate into CRC, but I felt across the board I was able to output a more consistent, higher quality product and higher yield. I always enjoyed inline processing, but after dealing with heavy lifting, I’ve come to the conclusion it just isn’t an efficient method of processing large amounts.

If any of the gang have any resources or input on a technique of this nature, I would love to hear you weigh in. Either way, I wanted to share this information with the gang in hopes to maybe save my peers some time.

salute.
glob

2 Likes

Totally agree.

It’s come up a couple of times here.

Looks like @CuriousFurious (RIP) started a thread on it…NEW THREAD! large batch CRC remediations

Real trick (imo) is to recirculate that bulk extract over your CRC so you can tune your color.

Also saves media.

Starting at Opaline Silica Thread - #131 by Photon_noir may or may not lead you down the correct path (it goes in circles…)

2 Likes