A Different Approach to Chinese IP Theft

Almost like communism enables authoritarians

But you meant there’s never been an ideal Marxist system of communism, right? Because Lenny and Stalin had communism, but the redistribution system was corrupt.

Same way the US doesn’t have true Capitalism, we have crony “capitalism” which by definition, isn’t a free market, thus not really capitalism

6 Likes

I’m from Detroit Michigan. We will bootleg anything that makes money. Dot matrix printers making Louis Vuitton. My perspective is skewed
Maybe

2 Likes

I am from an age when talking about weeds would get you harassed by police. Or worse.
I am happy to be able to have these conversations.
The folks with money will grow more eager to keep that money, as the proliterait grows more eager to survive. I hope we can reach a medium before destruction of all systems of government becomes real

1 Like

It’s stopped at the door in America. Is it not true the second someone makes public they are using or plan to use a product based on IP theft they can be sued by the owner of said patent, public or private entity, for profit or not? I understand the picture you are painting, forcing bankruptcy, killing and selling off an entire company is the precedent set for profiting off IP. Precedent has been set pretty clearly here in the USA.
I heard there is more freedom in Europe in this regard, a person in their basement can dink around with IP protected material where in the USA thats still a nono.

@Future Has the problem ever been an example like OP with exact branding and product line? It is cool China is open to mitigate that. It seems the bigger issue manufactures have here is using similar branding and naming with similar, identical, or maybe even improved versions of what would be IP theft here. Those don’t offend the CCP, nor would it offend a free market society in any other way to signal it’s a ‘rip off’.

Even China thinks stealing someones name, logo, product, and picture of their wife is mullarky.

2 Likes

“Paying your dues” is the only way you’ll win there. There’s always more going on behind the scenes than what these podcasts & articles disclose. To resolve these disputes you need to give the CCP something they want, or you can pay private firms to handle it.

4 Likes

I meant that, we use the methodology of Dr. Raphael Mechoulam. Patented or not. If I use a “tech” in my basement, I’m not paying the inventor. Production is a different can of worms. “State sponsored production” should mean that production is critical to the states survival. My point being, we are not different, just surviving by different standards

Truth= invent faster than it can be copied
Alternative method= buy me a boat and I’ll sail over there to punch your enemies.

In America, use of patented material is not legal in your basement/not for profit/for research, it’s the same as ‘without a license’. Same as using software one doesn’t have permission to use(didn’t pay for), people figure out how to get away with it and developers figure out how to make that harder. As a business, or acting as one, making profit from is where you are clearly in violation and have a large target on your back, and where you can find multiple lawsuits a year won by megacrops against users who illegally use their product for their own profit.
Not saying I agree with it, but that’s how it be. If someone wants to catch that fish upstream it would require heavy federal or state oversight and likely violation of the 4th amendment.

I cannot produce, or recall any other examples like this that do not involve exact duplicate copies of trademarked logos and packaging. It is much usually less about the product line or US IP.

1 Like

Yeah, this is pretty much what i meant. Since the original idea is completely against authoritarianism and for the equality of everyone, much like true anarchism, to which none of the countries claiming to be communist have managed to institute.
As you state it always turns to authoritarian means because it’s not though the will of the people the shift has occurred. Stalin and Lenin were fascists. Stalin murdered more people than Hitler did.

2 Likes

Sidco, with much respect, I would like to remind you who your first cannabis customers were. If they were using your products for “nefarious” purposes, does that make you accountable? I stand for the concept of equality. I’ve never seen it personally
The strong will rule, until an organised group takes rule from them

Specifically talking about the article in OP and IP fraud. I did not mean to imply anything about the manufacturer being responsible for the people they sell equipment too. The license of patented material to customer usually ends at bill of sale, they don’t care what you do with their product after you buy it. Law is on you and jurisdiction. I am not saying I agree with it but if you’re here, that’s how it is.

afaik none of my customers were committing IP fraud, and honestly I am not sure I know what that would even look like beyond an articulately documented court case if I saw it right in front of me. If you change 1 part of something is it still covered, idk lol

2 Likes

Exactly what I meant. Thanks. If I made a sidco part, but switched to ancient egyptian measurements, did I steal it?
I thought that was what the conversation was about.
:joy:I put a sidco label on it with a different font?

1 Like

1 Like

I put some tube on a sweet ass Ace Glass 3 way. I invented that, not

3 Likes

Yo, why you be all up in my shit? Saying you made my shit… You know what? I’m not going to do shit, but I’m sure gonna talk it…

1 Like

I’ll cough up the 2k to join ur gang when I get it. Proper. Don’t hate, I’m trying to help poor folks

Not sure how stopping cancer in your lungs while it spreads to the rest of your organs is a win.

You know what the Chinese can’t knock off, Real Weed. So just grow weed and don’t worry about the Chinese.

7 Likes

Well, first off bootleggers have much greater access to the necessary infrastructure to bootleg and distribute in China vs the Congo…

But don’t you grow some indoor weed? Under lights?

2 Likes

They sell CBD dont they? I wouldn’t be surprised if its fake or synthetic.

ABRO? They mfg and sell tape, glue, epoxy, cleaners, fuel additives, shit like that. This post was directed towards equipment manufacturers, specifically those that bitch and moan about how much they loathe the Chinese, yet do nothing about it

2 Likes