99% attainable?

So what is the max possible potency for distillate made with QWET and SBD (starting with outdoor trim)? Feel free to include the qualifiers - depends on (starting material, filtration media, etc.)

If you don’t restrict the number and variety of process steps, the answer is going to be 4+ log (99.99).

5 Likes

Yes, certainly attainable

Silent but deadly?

Sorry couldn’t resist

3 Likes

agreed. just fishing for broad statements here. considering diminishing returns, using simple common steps: winterization, filtration, color remediation, etc.

Proper distillate is usually floating around low-mid 90s in terms of percentage.

average stuff seems to be mid-high 80s.

2 Likes

It’s definitely attainable.

Proper pretreatment gets you a long way—but nothing replaces experience.

In my experience I’ve been able to push much higher numbers 95-99% with a wiped film, because you can vary parameters to adjust qualitative cues.

Keep in mind, at this high of a concentration, your analytics can only tell you so much—most labs are around +/- 5% RSD so you cannot say with absolute certainty that what you have is as pure as the rest result.

That being said, the right consistency, color, lack of smell can all be somewhat indicative of purity.

4 Likes

I can quantify below that RSD.
Should be below ±2% by quantitative analyses, and comparison to qualitative standardless data can even bring it below 0.5% on replicate analysis.

2 Likes

I’m in Oklahoma, doc.

+/- 2% RSD exists at some labs…not most.

3 Likes

Can confirm, I’ve hit 99%+ on a wiped film before. The variance was around 5% I believe.

A variance of 5% seems more than reasonable when you take into account all the instrumentation you have to use for sample prep, ie. scale, micro pipette, graduated pipette, and then the actual instrument itself. If you test in triplicate I suppose you could get it down lower but we are all human and even with everything being calibrated there is much room for error.

1 Like