9 months on future 4200, went from buying oil and making carts to diving head first

yess, but there are minor caveats along the way. Little bits and bobs. Need to run an extra plug. ychem manuals are in dire need of updating.

especially from unboxing to attaching wiper motor. metal clamp tightness (am I going to break the glass) .

We can assist you along the way

2 Likes

you would think they would have torque settings in the manuals.

nahhh it’s all by hand.

@Montroller said it best to me. The metal clamps are there to hold the glass in place when there’s no vac.

essentially don’t tighten while under vac or bad shit might happen.

6 Likes

Recommend getting some metric T-bar Allen wrenches (they provide normal ones but hey, make your life a little easier. Also it comes with Chinese wiring colors (yellow/green is ground, red & blue are your hots)

Quick correction (I can’t edit my posts yet, maybe I’m too new… mods?)

The power for the yhchem itself —
Green / yellow stripe: ground
Blue & brown: hot

Yhchem electrical outlet wiring —
Green / yellow stripe: ground
Blue & red: hot

This is such a huge help and is appreciated so much guys!

2 Likes

Here’s a sample of what we are getting with our current setup. Our next plans:

1. feed pump(yes we have manual feed but it works)
  2. exit pumps
  3. diffusion pump, we are capped at 9 micron dry. 36 micron while doing a pass.

7 Likes

Looks Great guys! Our unit is supposed to arrive in town today! So stoked!

you have my number … if you run into issues or are scratching your head, just hmu. the instructions are pictures … I shit you not

1 Like

Hey I’m wanting to start making distillate but don’t grow yet how would you say the cheapest way to make it would be? Or if you guys know someone who can give some pointers or have some equipment in the western ma area id really appreciate the help. I can’t keep spending 60 a g when I smoke at least an eighth a week.

what extraction experience do you have?

3 Likes

You mention distillate, but then mention consuming an eighth at 60/g. Are you sure you even want distillate?

There might be more affordable, and simplistic ways to achieve your goal if we better understand your motives.

5 Likes

Imagine paying $60 dollars a gram and the resources you’d have available to you as a $60/g customer. They are probably settling on distillate as the most thc dense extract as the most cost effective

6 Likes

Probably. Doesn’t mean it’s actually the correct response.

So how are you planning to feed an SPD if you’re paying $60g for input?!?

Even if you have the gear to extract then distill ($$$),and know what you’re doing, you only get ~60-70% yield to distillate.

Assuming minimal SPD at 2liters, run 1/2 full, you’re looking at destroying $60/g x 4000g or $240,000 of dispensary weed on your first run.

Capish?

Even if you start with a 50ml boiling flask, your looking at $6000 of $60g weed minimum…. Which might yield 15g of distillate.

You can buy liters cheaper…

4 Likes

Funny you would comment that on this topic…

Btw, what happened to Densone or Rambo? Haven’t seen them since I left SacTown years ago.

2 Likes

I wish i could find someone to sell me liters but I didnt realize you needed wax to make distillate so that makes sense but I’m just trying to find an easier way to either find a better supplier or find a way to make dabbable concentrates for the cheapest like find someone who makes it or who can get cheaper quality materials. Not so much focused on distilate just a natural vape pen without terps and this seemed the easiest. But anybody have any opinions? Western mass area

…so you’d done a ton of reading before settling on that plan?

Maybe you should reconsider your strategy….

You decided to revive a thread where OP spent 9months absorbed in this place, and was ready to take on the whirled.

You have a read time of 16min, and your understanding of the problem reflects that.

Your parents taught you to read for a reason. Make them proud, learn how to make drugs. All the knowledge required is readily available here.

Lowest entry barrier is probably squish
Maybe follow @Juliette’s lead…
Search results for '@Juliette' - Future4200

Freebie: making concentrates from dispensary weed is never going to be economically viable. You need to grow, or know the grower to make this work, because all you’re gonna do the first couple or three times is wreck your weed…

4 Likes

Its most likely a fed baiting for low hanging fruit

3 Likes

Doubt it.

“Looking for liters” should always be treated as such though.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like