8 inch Columns with Socks?

We’ll fill 500g, then tamp hard, 500g, then tamp hard until we get 2500g of dry unmilled bud in a sock.
If we’re using milled we can get up to 3500g, 4000g if you’re really smooshing it. It’s pretty tightly packed but nothing like the biomass pucker can do.

Timestamp should bring you to 18 minutes

1 Like

Has anyone found a better solution than using the socks? My previous employer was running an x10 but found someone to make metal food grade filter columns. These were much better than those dumb ass socks. Got an x40 now and cant seem to find anyone to make the columns for me.

The Luna used to come with these perforated metal baskets.

Seems like an easy fab job if you have the exact dimensions.

@Luna_Jack @LunaTechnologies do you have any of those old baskets laying around?

Typically we store 2 days worth (~24) of bags in a freezer at any time. We would need maybe 50 to make sure we had some washed at all times. Have you found these metal inserts to be inexpensive? Thanks

I’ve contacted quite a few manufacturers with dimensions and they all say they can’t do it or they can’t ensure that it is food grade and so they say no. It’s all pretty stupid.

I wasn’t in charge of the last lab, so i don’t have a cost per insert. We did have about 20 tubes and were a smaller company before Trulieve bought them. I can contact my previous employer to try and get some info, but i doubt they would tell me anything.

What’s the problem with the socks? We did both baskets and socks and trashed all the baskets in favor of socks.

5 Likes

Ditto

4 Likes

We have some baskets in stock. We need to keep some as spares for our customers who still use them (only one customer off the top of my head).

We have two sizes. One is 7.8in diameter and the other is just under 7in I think. It’s been awhile since we’ve used the older smaller baskets so I’d have to pull up drawings or have someone go out and measure them. Let me know if you’re interested. They’re around 30in length.

It was slightly more difficult to pack them and there were some tear issues. We didn’t use them for long.
It may be a personal preference. Can you tell me what problems you had with the baskets?

Same issues, can you share any benefits to having a bag inside a basket? Seems like extra surfaces to clean and more places to get hash stuck.

1 Like

If you just got a new set of socks for an x40 I can tell you right now you can not pack them tight until you do a handful of runs with them. They shrink after a few runs then you can pack them tight as you want.

1 Like