6x36 spool solvent capacity?

@Killa12345 don’t be so modest my bro, we grind all day​:muscle::muscle::muscle: We now have 3 “Ram Rods” in different lengths and girth’s. The key is exactly what killa said, small amounts and pack, small amounts and pack.

9 Likes

What’s your ram rod tech?

1 Like

In 6x48 im fittin 6-7 lb material 20 lb into tube then once presaure raises i release and puah another 10-15 lbs gass getting 12-15% returns

2 Likes

This thread got a little detailed. I was asking about the amount of liquid butane that can fit in a 6x36 column not the amount of material.

1 Like

Post some pics tomorrow.

2 Likes

That’s nuts. Never got over 4.

1 Like

The answer to your question has been posted.

Right? I pack HARD too.

1 Like

i only got 5lb of flower but @bg305 is the expert column packer. He was getting 1.25lbs in a 3x18" too. The guy is super meticulous about how much material to add before packing…he got frustrated with me just dumping in material.

But yeah…we are probably not as meticulous as him. I couldnt believe him getting 6.5lbs in sometime. Its nuts as these are 5lb columns.

3 Likes

I wish I could fit 5.

Try using a pvc pipe, 1/2" using a large packer is less effective because you can trap air, vs using a smaller diameter pipe allows you to get a consistent pack,
I fill my columns full then push the pipe all the way in centered then work around until firm then its about 1/4 full, then fill full and repeat till full, i can fit 1.25 lbs of trim in a 4x12 section every time, usually room to spare… air pockets cause channeling you can see the outer of the column freeze in spots first…

To the op id imagine the answer to your question involves knowing how much material and how tight its packed

I’m asking about how much liquid tane will fit in an EMPTY 6x36 column so amount of material is irrelevant. My system has two 6x36 columns and I’m trying to preform an inline dewax. The first column holds the material and has tane washed though into the OTHER 6x36 colum that is EMPTY. The 2nd column is sleeved and used to dewax the tane/bho. My question was, how much tane can I wash through my first column without overfilling the 2nd EMPTY column. Hope that makes more sense now.

OK @Thirdfracture. I said BVV has a calculator for this but lets post up the math for the 50th time here.

Cylinder Volume. = pie * r^2 * H

3.143^236 = 1017 Cu in of volume.

Then you need to find the specific water weight of butane or what ever gas you use…this is Nbutate.

1017*.0361*.601= 22lbs at 100% Fill would be Lbs of n-Butane
22lb x .80(80% Fill)= would be 17.5 lbs of n-butune right amount

Was that what you wanted? this information is on this site in a number of places. Now you have the math to figure it out in the future!

The first 4 post had all this same imformation in the not hand feed version…re-read the first 4 posts.

14 Likes

Shit I run almost half that in a 6x12 hahaha

So here is a run in the 1 # rig i have. Its Cookies-n-cream trim, 620 g’s. Make sure the material is as dry as possible. You will need a large funnel to not make a mess and a closet hanger rod. . Load about 2-3 oz at a time. Take your ram rod and apply pressure compacting the material with your body weight. Don’t start by tamping it down. After you can’t feel the material compressing anymore start tamping it down hard till it feels solid. Then repeat till your column is full.

5 Likes

While reading through this thread due to having a similar question. I also was unsure of the total amount of isobutane I’d be able to run through my system. I wasn’t confused on how to figure out total liters and then total water weight and then translate to isobutane. But I was confused on if I need to add up the total cubic inches of volume in my Material Column, Collection Chamber, and Splatter Platter. Or which volumes matter and which don’t.
My material column is 832
The Collection chamber is 10
The splatter platter is 10*4

My early math said that with my collection chamber and splatter platter I could hold 26# of iso at 100% capacity. Given it has 21.877 liters of volume. While the Material column could hold roughly 30# of isobutane at 100% capacity.
This would be perfect as I’m trying to run a 5lb system with 7.5:1 ratio with very light CRC.

Are there any faults in my logic? Do I only include volume of material column, or only volume of collection chamber. Only thing keeping me unsure is that the volume of the material column will surely be taken up by the actual material.
(Very sorry for long read but would greatly appreciate a response)

1 Like

I know its old but i always uswd a 3” column to pack and never ground anything and always got 5in each 4x48. It kept the numbers easier to follow always putting the exact same amount in eqch tube

I keep hearing these numbers for a 4 by 48. Is that FF? Or you have very ground dense material? Do you experience channeling from this much biomass in the column? Sorry, not being critical just trying to understand why I’m at 40% of most others running these

I consider 5lb to be the “nominal” load on a 4x48. not everybody hits it. some manage to exceed it.

grinding and packing definitely helps.

I’m not sure channeling is something that most folks packing and unpacking tubes all day are actually going to notice. I didn’t. not certain on what that means as far as whether it was a problem.

1 Like

No piece of equipment should have more than 80% solvent fill at any time. Whatever final amount of solvent ending up in collection must be 80% or below fill volume for collection size. With 5lb column at 7.5/1 ratio you would need 37.5# which exceeds collection 80% fill limit which is around 20#

1 Like