6100 series polyscience chillers

I’m looking at the specs on these bad boys, they don’t go down very low, (-10c) but they pull enough power at 220v to hold over 1kw of cooling capacity at 0c. anyone have any experience first hand with these? I’m looking to run a 20L roto with it, but wondering if its possible to chill a heat exchanger on a cmep with it…?? thank you for any input!

3 Likes

Ran a 6100 series on a 10L roto with a 1.6 cfm pump very well. Did need to change my cold trap every so often.
For a 20L, you may want something a bit more powerful. I see some sites recommending the 1.5 hp model (6800 series) for a 20L setup.

Overall, I’ve had good experiences with Polyscience due to their customer support.

3 Likes

i use poly 6860t on 20 liter works very well

2 Likes

I used a 6100 on a 5L and it had power to spare. On a 20L though you might want to get a larger unit.

2 Likes

What do you run for fluid?

1 Like

DM me for extra discounts on polyscience gear!! The 3 and 5hP chillers crush it on 50l rotos.

2 Likes

I run the 6860 on my 20 L and it works great.

What is 6860 you speak of?thanks for reply for sure.

My poly chiller I use.

Polyscience Durachill 6860 -10c 220v. They’re kind of the standard go-to for a proper UL listed chiller to match to a 20L roto.

I have a fully refurbished unit that just came in the door a couple weeks ago. If you’re looking for one, $5500 gets it.

1 Like

I have a MX7LR-20-11b

1 Like

For a chiller that’s max -10C, usually stick to a PG/Water mix.
Keeps cost down.

Anyone know how to bypass the -15c shutoff alarm? It’s being a pain.

I run a poly science .5 h p chiller on a 10l roto at 28f and barley get anything in the cold trap my vac is a vaccubrand me8si …vac level stays around 400000 microns
Jw why do u run your chillers so cold my chiller dose get tht cold but it dosnt make my recovery any faster so I dont go tht low ?

Do you mean 28f? 28c is room temp… 28f is what, -3c?

1 Like

I did my bad lol

HMU for polyscience discounts!!!

1 Like

Overall I’d say to pass or look at different options. Polyscience just doesn’t have the support in place. I also had to send back a unit 32 days old to Chicago from SoCal. Cost me $500. And if you plan on adding any coils to boost your roto, you’ll run into the dreaded -15c shutoff alarm. I wish I would have gone with a different brand.

We’d be happy to quote you on Polyscience, Julabo or Across chillers -