$600/kilo 90% CBD DISTILLATE!!!

Right, but labs aren’t going to dry an extract like that. They are tested as is.

Flower is dried because the moisture will affect the final result.

1 Like

Every lab i’ve used tests moisture content. Either way we are in no way discussing what labs do here. We are discussing what is legal. Dissolving hot disty in ethanol doesn’t make it legal. Misinformation like you are spreading could cost someone their freedom

Well if anyone in Colorado needs a hell of a deal hit me up.

1 Like

I think the information regarding what makes it hot vs not is the issue. Youre saying that it has to meet the criteria of being under 0.3% “when dried”. What constitutes being dry?

1 Like

the definition that i posted earlier

Dry is not a hard definition… You can dry MCT oil too…

I’m just saying extracts are tested “as is” they are not dried by the lab the same as raw flower. Nobody is going to recover the solvent from the product and then test it. That’s just not how it works. I run a HPLC and a Moisture Analyzer everyday. I know what I’m talking about.

2 Likes

ok so the dea isn’t going to remove the solvent first? Think the feds care about what you do in your lab? by definition its illegal. Telling people it isn’t is still irresponsible!

dry weight is a legal definition

running an hplc and mostuire analyzer all day will not change the wording of the law, nor it’s interpretation.

I dont think they are going to recover the alcohol. But thank yall for helping answer my question.

1 Like

That’s pretty common practice to dissolve on etoh and ship. Because it dilutes. They are going to take a sample and run it as is. Same way they take my disti and dissolve it in methanol first to put it through the HPLC.

2 Likes

Yeah I dont think it matters what its diluted with as long as the product being sold is below .3% thc. That would be like saying any edibles need to be dehydrated before testing because it’s dry weight only lol.

1 Like

I didn’t write the law, and I cannot see any other interpretation. I am pretty sure they meant below .3 on a dry weight basis when they wrote the law that way. I see no exceptions to this written in the definition of hemp

You are correct that is the law, however I disagree in your interpretation of “dry”. You think edibles should be dehydrated before testing? How would you dry a mct based tincture? You say use something that won’t evap below 105c, what about water based products? Should the water be removed before testing potency? How would that give an accurate measure of product strength or dosage?

2 Likes

That is not my interpretation. That is a legal definition. Yes, for legal compliance as “hemp” the potency test would be without water in the sample. That’s what dry weight basis means

Actually it does… it’s called “tincture” by many CBD product “manufacturers” If I made 5 gallon buckets of EtOH based CBD tintcture for whole sale I could ship them no?
This I belive is one of the reasons [other than greed] that some many products on the shelf in store are dose so low, they are over diluted to get the T levels below .3% in the total product and YES dry weight is dry weight but it really just means how much THC is in the WHOLE product… less than .3% of the total mass or more.

one more thing, evaping the EtOH out of tincture would likely be a violation of some legal code or what ever… fwiw

Just because people make it that way doesn’t make it legal. Read the text of the law, and the legal definition of dry weight. It’s completely irrelevant that some people are breaking the law, that doesn’t change the law.

It doesn’t mean the thc in the “whole product”, otherwise the law would say anything else other than simply “dry weight basis”

If it didn’t mean dry weight basis, it wouldn’t have said that specific phrase which has a specific meaning.

There is absolutely no language in the wording of the law which leaves this open for wiggle room. Its clear as day

1 Like

Delivery available in Colorado with 5KG MOQ

Still available in Colorado, quality distillate. Organically grown. Only $600/each NO MOQ

4 Likes

I want one…

“…shall not be infringed”

“No thing but gold and silver…”

Clearly the law is subject to interpretation😉

yes, but you are insane if you think its ever going to be interpreted in your favor vs the governments