6" x 60" material column

Im looking to upgrade my current closed loop system and im wondering what you guys think of using a 6" x 60" tube instead of a 6" x 48"? Would there be any downsides? Im sure it would be harder to unpack but would it be less efficient yield wise? Of course i would be using more solvent for the extra material. Whats your opinion?
Thanks!

1 Like

It’ll be harder to keep the column cold because its 12" longer; more surface area to cool. Also, Unpacking isn’t an issue if you have a material socks.

The goal of the upgrade is just to run more material at once then?

There’s a lot of good methods for unloading and loading material out of the columns quickly on here, besides that like you say expect that you will be running more solvent. Along with more solvent in your tank you have to consider is your collection pot able to hold that extra solvent.

Are you running with a CRC? I only ask because without one in my experience you dont run as much gas to material.

Are you currently running your closed loop in a batch style? or are you stacking multiple runs before opening up your loop?