$6.67 / pound Hemp Extraction in Wisconsin

That seems about right. At $5,000/yr for product insurance, $3/seedling, and $200/lb for smokeable, you’re looking at $11,000 for 1 acre (not including equipment, labor, and fertilizer). If you yield .5lb /plant smokeable at a seeding rate of 2,000/acre, 1,000 lbs of smokeable seems like even an acre should be viable. However, those 1,000 lbs if hand trimmed are going to cost you an additional: 8 hrs labor/lb, $15/hr for trimmer, $120 per pound trimmed. That leaves you with $80,000 per acre of revenue minus any input costs throughout the grow.

The big difference is that the soil in Door County is sandy/loam, so growers in that region tended to have a better harvest than those in the Brown County area where the soil was predominantly clay. Most of the fields in Brown stunted from the extremely wet growing season we had, and few farmers yielded .5lb smokeable.

1 Like

Our farmers are getting $250 per pound smokeable (with orders of 100 pounds or more) or $350-450/pp for smaller orders. You’re right about the ground…

1 Like

Glad to hear smokable is moving at $250, i was worried it would end up at $100

Just curious what end product are you offering the 70/30 split on? Crude, distillate or isolate?

Crude

1 Like

Are you planning to do toll processing for crude to distillate when your distillate lab is up? We currently have no intent to do distillate ourselves, but if we need it I’d prefer to work with a local company.

1 Like

How do you anticipate the upcoming regs to change that?

Not sure at this point.

Farm Bureau got behind the call to raise THC to 1% this week. Kentucky, my state of Tennessee, and several other states have elected to delay USDA certification this year.

1 Like