5lb Icarus CLS crude retrofit/CRC placement

I have a deep freezer that will fit both halfs of my material column but not together so i have to break vacuum to assemble the column.

Now I have stopped doing it frozen until i can get my 6’ deep freezer to the lab but im looking to improve so if it makes a big difference I would start freezing the material columns again.

1 Like

I was going to do 2 stages.

One in 6" plates after the dewax to rough filter with a rough media mix

then to the 3x24 with a finer media mix in more stages

is this overkill? i figured if I did 2 different columns getting narrower and taller as they go then i wouldnt need to recycle it back through the crc again because i can only do 1 pass through the crc right now until I rack mount the collection pot and i can drain it from the bottom and back to wherever.

im looking to keep high flow because when i run cold it takes forever and i blow through dry ice and i like to do 2 runs in a day.

when I do it room temp (tane and material) i can do 3 runs in a day

We never recycled back threw. We ran straight threw no dewaxer and no chilled columns. Room temp solvent with room temp material. The room was 52F though. We soaked up to 20 mins like this and saw no color change.

I would suggest not to send this threw a column of powders. Ask @bg305 what can happen if you use too much powders. It can totally clog and almost ruin a run. He had a run take 3 days to pass threw the powders running like that. it was a 12lb run but it wasnt after the fuck up!

I tried room temp everything and i pulled so many fats it was ridiculous. Taking it down to 2um. Will never run warm again.

Dont need to run through crc 2x. Once is plenty. At least cryo your material before you pack your column and run your tane -80 if you can. Things will slow down a bit. If you do that you wont pull to many fats and wont clog up

I have never gone below -60 because my closed loop is rated at -50 and I didnt want to push it. is there something Im missing? I use denatured alcohol and DI to get to -60 i know acetone will take it under -100. What about my sight glasses with those temps? i have a wide flat one and a tall skinny one

I dont use a inline sight glasss. Just cause you tane is clear doesnt mean there isnr anything in it. Its more diluted at that point is all. And is it -60 c or f.
Acetone will take you to -105f.

If your -60c that is good, would prefer colder but that is just fine.

I just did a run with T5, Silica, and AA.
Live resin run
Solvent injected at -45c, 3 hr dewax at -78

Middle of cold crash almost waterclear
I go to evolved for all my shit too - where are you finding celite / DE? I read in other thread it was actually used as flow aid - not so much for stripping anything. I notice the Silica and AA turns into a real thick paste and would like to put a layer of celite after

3 Likes

You should put the media in the filter arrangement in the dewax chamber. Put t5 in there loose. And have a media to catch it underneath, along with the paper filters. When you run through the material and into the dewax chamber and have it hang out for a few, making contact with the t5. Then flush into the collection pot and pull with recovery. Push with nitro, if needed.

3 Likes

So in the dewaxing column filter stack (6") from top to bottom i will use

25 micron paper
T5
10 micron paper
AA
10 micron paper

Or should i use DE or silica instead of aa?

Or are you saying put t5 in the actual column and put different medias in the underlying filter stack?

1 Like

Yes, media in the column to make as much contact with the extract. Then, flush through the filters, stopping any particles coming through, and giving a nice wash of your material.

The activated alumina may not be necessary, but I would throw it in, in case any slight impurities make it through

3 Likes

Where do i find a C.R.C column ?

Would like something like this

Sales@indofabsolutions.com you can email them with any requests you have and to order one

4 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes

Thanks for the rep homie!:call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Do they email you back? :rofl:

Of course, bruv

1 Like

Hopefully, we have a dedicated sales person now.

5 Likes

have the same system do you have more pictures looking to upgrade mine and like your layout