5lb Icarus CLS crude retrofit/CRC placement

Now i can build my prototype CRC. Im going to do 2 stages.

First below the dewaxing column in 6" plates then next to a rack mounted 3x24 column

1 Like

I have
activated alumina
T5
T41
Silica gel 60a

I might just try running it with what i have or i might wait and get some magsilPR i dont know yet

1 Like

If your not worried about pesticides then magsil pr is not worth the added expense. Magnesol is fine. I would stay away from t41 cause it has carbon in it. Carbon is said to grab thca/thc. I would through a layer of celite/de on top to grab lipids.
Then aa, silica 60, t5. Use 2x as much t5 as to silica and aa

2 Likes

I was only going to use the t41 before the magsil PR. I didnt see anybody pulling heavy colors from magnesol, moreso from T5 bleaching clay (b80)

Im trying to remediate color in my crude in-line in my closed loop. Im not trying to grab pesticide right now but im looking into the near future. I want to stack the adsorbents from top to bottom for highest flow rates and filter capacity.

I have 2 micron, 10 micron, and 20-25 micron filter papers to go in between layers and to sandwich them

I dont know about celite/de does it have a fast enough flow rate? I dont want it to clog up mid run. I was going to use silica on top and bottom of the 3x24 stack.

The 6" plate under the dewaxing column was going to get AA then silica probably also but im open to suggestions

For a 3x24 material column i would use
10lbs tane
25 um after material column
1/4 cup celite/ de
Dewax column
Powders in order dewax column to collection chamber.

1/4 de
.25 cup aa
.25 cup magnesol
.25 cup silica
.75 cup t5
10 um filter paper
2 um filter paper
For clear results
For a touch of color
Change t5 to .5 cups

Doesnt have to be pressed

3 Likes

I have slowed flow rates but it does fine.

5 Likes

No 3x24 is the CRC im currently assembling and trying to place. My material column (unjacketed) is 4x48 and i usually can cram 6# of biomass in it

:point_up: i posted pics of pretty much the whole system up yonder

The t5 can go right onto the paper with no reduced flows? It doesnt need silica or DE to spread it out before even the 1 micron paper? I thought @Shadownaught recommends ending with a bed of silica gel?

Do u run passive? N assist? How many psi?

Dred runs that size i believe.

I believe He has the same colum size as you do

And he has excellent flow, look at how he loads his column. I believe it very similar to what i told you but double the amounts

2 Likes

I run active, and alot smaller

We ran the same sized spools at bg305 farm…3x24 and 4x48 spools. I personally listened to people who have gotten clear concentrates over the person selling the powders. Real Life experience has to count for something. Id start with the bare minimum like we ran up at bg305 farm and add powders and test so you can lower the cost.

I personally know DE, t5, and silica alone can completely clear the darkest of crude.

8 Likes

Also is your material going to be cryo before pushing tane

Found de cheap at my garden store. When i run out of celite im going to give it a go

1 Like

feel the two…mine was a different color but the feel is soo similar. Im good not having to buy that shit at $230 a 50lb box if we can do it for $10

Im on the trying to survive team…I dont need unnecessary “green tax” because it scientific or cannabis related.

4 Likes

Well its 20 for 4 lbs. But thats fine

Check your local grainger

Ok will do ty

This is the exact shit we bought but it was a bigger bag. Same brand.

Even cheaper from chewy

6 Likes