#50ShadesOfSilver

I can’t wait for that next upgrade to rack system. Im thinking of new fully jacketed 12’ spool and jacketed 12”-1.5” reducer with a 3/8 jic for a hand attachment, so I can take runs out of the splatter easier then this! I know this isn’t ideal. Any advice / comments?
Sorry if this is posted in wrong spot.

2 Likes

At what point do you think to yourself “lemme spend $150 on some unistrut and some bolts and make a rack before I upgrade anything else”?

11 Likes

When I rack up I want pipe hangers and while I’m at it I should get the bigger ones for the full jackets and get rid of ice and hot water, is the dream plus how the material and crc is suspended this is how I get a run out if I’m going to refire the set up. If anyone has any critiquing I’m all ears. But as for the rack what would the most common mainstream way be?

Unistrut and bolts and pipe hangers. You can make it free standing or bolt it to the wall.

2 Likes

We should rename this Spider-Man extractor! Looks cool :sunglasses: but I’d hate for one of them lines to come undone

4 Likes

Can somebody please share some pictures of a more Jerry rigged extractor? I think this might take the cake…

15 Likes

That picture makes me nervous to just look at on the internet…and I’ve seen some dark dark shit.

Please, get some unistrut and mount that rig to the wall.

11 Likes

Come guys. He has to get an “a” for creativity on how to hang an extractor. This has to be the first time I’ve seen something like this.

12 Likes

Makes me pucker just looking at it, A for creativity and balls though I suppose

5 Likes

I really had to zoom in when I didn’t see a collection under it.

I have run a rig one time that was at up with a pulley to lift it out of its water bath. It was a 6x24 base and a 4x24 column, bi flow set up. The gear used to lift was overkill, and it wasn’t suspended when it has any hydrocarbons in it, only to empty the platter. Different scenario altogether.

Thats pretty good thinking but unless it was like steel cable id be as nervous with that hanging and running as I would be with a claymore hanging there throwing tennis balls at it :laughing:

I used cheap unistrut from home depot and hit up hfs for the 8 dollar mounts for my 4 inch stuff and a 2x4 with lag screws from the back its solid as hell until I get a new spot for my lab!

6 Likes

Best thing I’ve seen in some time! :pray:

:rofl:

God, imagine not seeing a line on accident and walking into it and the whole thing swaying… :sweat:

4 Likes

Added benefit of being able to cut it down like dropping a chandelier on your enemies

Honestly, I feel like it’s not that unsafe just looks hilarious

1 Like

Lmao, it has my stomach in knots.

3 Likes

I can’t imagine not being able to get this thing certified

5 Likes

Is your rope grounded?

6 Likes

Is that clear tubing in the picture? Looks like it’s connected to vapor lines between the collection and solvent tank.

Vacuum line?

2 Likes

i zoomed in and it sure looked like clear tube compared to the others… im curious as well lol

3 Likes

it’s ok bro, it’s running to the recovery tank too

1 Like