50l rotovap motor question

Guys I just got the motor section to my new 50l. On it it says three phase. Under volts it says 110. I only have access to single phase. Did I get the wrong unit or is this common and it’s converted somehow? Seems unlikely but I’m hoping I don’t have to fight with this company. Thanks for any input.

1 Like

Does anyone have a eco 50l setup and could look at the motor and tell me what it says on its nameplate please?

1 Like

Regardless of what the plate says, it has to be 230V 3 Phase…

There’s no way that motor is going to run on 120

2 Likes

I’m not as experienced in this stuff as I should be, but I would imagine you’re going to need to buy a 3 phase converter to run that on single phase power

Do you have the invoice from the seller? Does it say 1 phase or 3 phase?

2 Likes

Thanks for chiming in @analyte and @ky_cbd. I think it’s best to return it. Got it on Amazon for a steal. Doesn’t distinguish between phases. Shoulda know I guess. No chance the control bot could convert it? I havnt got that box yet. Today I got the stand and motor. Glass and rest is scheduled for wed.

I initiated the return. Guess I wasn’t meant to have a 50l.

1 Like

Is this from vevor? I was looking at the same rig I think

1 Like

Geindus or something like that but prolly the same as vevor. Be happy u didn’t buy it cus it seems it’s a headache @PrimO.Oil

I just got a chiller from them and it’s not even working… they’ve responded but still have a paper weight as a chiller hopefully I can get a refund and/or it working very soon! …

I was hoping to get there 50l but did t because it was like 600$ cheaper then there 20l spark a red flag. It’s like there knowingly fking people over.

That sucks buddy hope we both get a resolution!

1 Like

Go to harbor freight, get some pin stamps, stamp a 2 over that 1 and give her some 208 3 phase. Then return it if it blows up…

2 Likes

I see you’ve done this before…

1 Like

I suppose a real pro would save the effort of stamping it until demonstrating that 208v is not the correct voltage…

1 Like

This simply isn’t true. It could absolutely be a brushless AC motor wired for 120V power to the coils/phases. Plenty of “weird” voltage brushless servos on a wide variety of machine tools out in the wild. .25 kW is only about 1/3 of a HP, not very much power. Given that every rotovap I’ve seen had an adjustable speed rotation on the evaporation globe it seems likely that there’s some kind of electrical drive or VFD that takes whatever input power you feed it and (hopefully) sends the correct signal to this motor. I’d be a less concerned with what this specific motor takes versus what you’re supposed to be feeding the rotovap base.

1 Like

Man, let me explain:
I am sure your rotary evaporator is the old type rotovap, like the pic shows. Right?

What is the voltage of the controller? If it is 110V, it is ok.
For example: our motor all are 3 phases 220V/50HZ, but the controller(Frequency converter) change the voltage from single 220V to 3 phase 220V to run the motor.
I think your motor is ok if the controller can change the voltagge.

1 Like

It depends on the controller

1 Like

That motor you posted a picture is 110v look at the plate where it says voltage 3 amps. Not a large draw at all.

1 Like

Hi Sir,

Our company has this equipment too. We have 110V motor and 220V , 380V motor for this equipments.

If they made you in a mess and don’t know what voltage should you use, just ask the supplier. I believe they will give you guidance.

Hope you solve it asap :wink:

Lol good freaking point. I didn’t even read the nameplate past the supid name.

100%, I really should’ve said base -referring to the controller/whole unit — instead of the individual motor.