500mg CBD Cart - 92% Distillate Question

Hey, just want to say this forum is incredible and I have browsed the forum for a ton of information already. I came across a few posts about @anon42519203 having particular knowledge on this but if anyone could help much appreciated.

I plan on making 500mg CBD 1ml CCell Cartridges and do not want to use a cut. Trying to give the people a quality product.

I have a kilo of 92% distillate and terpenes. I planned on using about 6% terps.

According to what I’ve read that would bring my cartridge to around 900-915mg per cart. How do I get this mg down without using a cut?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

1 Like

Cut with lower percentage decarbed CBD disty is what I’ve been reading. Either that or terp sauce or HTE is a little less potent in flavor from my understanding so you can use a higher percentage of it to achieve the same viscosity as opposed to using pure terps. That would ultimately allow more room for diluting without using non cannabis derived materials.

you don’t want to cut it so just give your customer the distillate and terps as is .why would you want to make your product weaker with no cut? most people only cut cbd carts to stop it from turning to crystals or to stretch out profits

You’re at about 864.5 mg CBD based on the numbers you used above for a full 1 g cartridge. To get down to 500 mg without using any cut, you could just fill it with less oil. By my calculations you’d need about
0.578 grams of oil to get 500 mg of CBD. Delivering this quantity reliably might be challenging. I’d suggest just selling full cartridges for more.

Do you have any issues with crystallization at such a high CBD%?

He wants a full 1ml cart with a lower CBD concentration so he needs to dilute his 92% disty to about half of that. HTE I think you can blend up to 40% if I remember correctly and that works perfectly. Would bring the original 92% disty to about 51%. At that amount I think crystallization is still a concern but with the right cart it shouldn’t be an issue.

Does anyone have links for HTE. Used the search on forum but didn’t find anything confirmed.

Also what are best practices to avoid the crystallization.

@Bingladen packaging is already made at 500mg

Thanks again

now i understand your reasoning. can you get in trouble for your product being stronger than advertised? i’m in uk and the cbd market is so unregulated no one would care i would imagine

Hate to sound like a broken record but I literally typed “HTE Carts” in the search bar and found this in the second thread that popped up.

There is a lot of info that’s tough to find on this forum but anything cart related is gonna be everywhere.

@Dred_pirate seems to have the recipe for your situation.

2 Likes

maybe getting stickers done with revised information may be your best bet.just a thought

1 Like

@blingladen

Edit: I misread your comments and misunderstood the situation. Please disregard.

@Blunt I saw that thread and information but have not found a link to HTE anywhere

1 Like

HTE is a specialized product. You’ll have to find someone that specializes in making it. Ask around!

Youre gonna have a tough time with in-cart crystallization at such a high cbd percentage. Not many processors do hemp based terps or HTE, its usually on the THC side.

1 Like

You add a refined CBDa crude or remediate out the CBD. I’ve been looking for the magical product… a non crystallizing CBD distillate. Anything above 65% CBD will crash out. Even at 50% I’ve had carts crash on me when stress testing. I’ve got a few good leads on amazing products that fit the bill. DM if you need more info.

It’s 92% CBD. It’s gonna crystallize with just terps… Unless he does like 1:1 disty to terps, and at that point, :face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

I know altering the pH will help with crystal resistance (would have to ask someone smarter than me on a detailed process of how to do it)
Also, some people are using CBDa and other minor cannabinoids to prevent crystallization