5 year Extraction Operator in SoCal seeking opportunities (Prop 64 exp)

I did 100-25+ by myself 7 days a week in under 8 hrs and it was easy. Had the machine built and set up perfect, 20-25 mins from on to off and done for a 4x48 column

I have machines that put out 100lbs of concentrate a day on bullshit trim. It really depends on the equipment. One px1? Ya I’m out. A custom made high end concentrate machine? I’m in.

2 Likes

Hey i got bored and made a px1 do 20#+ each run, but ya they suck other wise

They aren’t bad machines. They’re just not scalable. Any machine that’s that simple runs into issues.

Mine was set up to scale, it could have gotten way bigger and this was way before mvp pumps, crc etc. it was all about the honey pots

1 Like

The more collection vessels the better. Also having multiple butane storage tanks, essentially having multiple machines tied into one is what makes your production shoot upwards it just takes more work from the processor.

2 Likes

I reiterate, “considering prep time and everything else that goes into each run… by a single person on a regular basis.”

Does the machine process a column in just around 30 minutes? Yes.

Does that mean you’ve done 4 runs in only 2 hrs? No.

Empty and load the crc(s), empty and load the columns, move around dry ice, refill solvent, move and hook up all the components, then the actual 2 hrs of running, but don’t forget that last recovery time so there’s another half hour, clean up after yourself and make sure everything is properly setup for tomorrow, then you have to get into post processing, which is either going to be kinda fast(jars), or is going to require another 30 min to an hour to get to where you can leave it unattended…

Sure looks like a nice full 6-7hr day if you’re really plugging away, 8hr for a relaxed pace, but that amount of work seems to wear down most people from what I’ve seen. This is all dialed in, for someone figuring it out that might be a 12hr day… did you forget to turn on the heater this morning? Add an hour to the first run.

If you’ve got a quality packing system(no rubber mallets), then maybe this all gets easier, but without it you’re not packing more than 4 columns in 1-2hrs, and if you’re doing it in 1hr for all 4 you’re not doing that everyday. Unless you’re one big dude because of course there’s always gonna be those one offs.

You really want to step it up, you’re essentially running 2 systems side by side, you gotta double your prep time.

2 Likes

I just had a 200# tank multiple 12x24 jacketed honeypots and 16 empty columns and would just and unbolt. Get the longwr bolts and tou only hqve to rake 1 aide off to remove it, and this was all ice water maybe $200 on dryifw over 2-3 yrs.

1 Like