40 tons cannabis career fair Trenton NJ Resume drop

Hi Everyone,

Im at the cannabis career fair in Trenton NJ woth 40tons. Im meeting lots of people with dope resumes looking to get into the industry. Please welcome them as so kany have not heard about future4200.com in the thick of it right now but will follow up with any questions about the event later.

Luke

6 Likes

Industry is full.

Tell them to get a forklift operator license instead. Better longevity and it can be union.

11 Likes

Learn to code.

3 Likes

This is absolutely rediculous. You know how much goes into finding a good operator, grower or training one? The industry isn’t even mature yet, and your calling it full. You obviously feeling the first wave wipeouts.

4 Likes

Go to a job site and tell me the ratio of entry level jobs to management.

There are jobs but they are all technician roles for under $20/hr.

Forklift ftw

4 Likes

None of them have benefits either. I’ve gone 6 years in this industry without being offered benefits once. I understand why though, being one of the most highly regulated industries, the top brass barely have any money to put back into the company to provide a proper workplace with benefits like any other place outside of cannabis. It’s an industry for people desperate to get in and passionate about the plant, other than that it’s not a very good industry to be in and honestly it’s only going to get worse for employees from here, imo.

If the industry needs good operators, I’m available for hire, but nobody has reached out, and I’m not going to accept a mere tech role, sorry. I will train techs to be top of the line, if any company is interested and willing to provide adequate pay for the position.

On another note, I’m studying python and cyber security so I can get out of this industry. Btw, if you work in the industry it’s almost impossible to get out because other industries frown upon said experience, the skills don’t transfer out. People outside of the industry don’t believe cannabis work is actual work.

7 Likes

If they’ve never heard of future4200 then they probably aren’t ready for employment in this industry, I would assume
Knowing chemistry skills would be a plus, though

1 Like

I’ve got a ton of sales experience from the cannabis industry that directly translates to other industries.

You being a competent extractor should look into gettting into food processing or brewery work.

2 Likes

My point is keeping that cannabis lingo in there hasn’t been working for me. I changed my resume to say I was in the Chemical Processing Industry and so on. Totally agree with you though, I suppose I didn’t express it correctly.

Edit: It’s been hard for me not to mention cannabis in interviews though, still practicing xD

1 Like

Same with your experience being before this all took off.

Fwiw, my two brothers and I got into tech all later in life and it has paid off for all of us. Been in the field for a decade now and am glad I did.

I’m the lowest paid out of the three and make a decent living lol.

To bring it back on topic @ProEndo, were the offers slim at the job fair or something?

2 Likes

Sounds like those who are being salty need more sales so they can grow. Sales cures all everyone :wink: There is plenty of opportunity out there and we will absolutely support businesses that are adding value to this community.

This was the 3rd event we have supported and the biggest so far. Plenty of people with chemistry degrees and Lots of sales people. Many dont know where or how to enter.

Finding people is hardest part of the space and if your attitude is piss poor your already creating your own fall. I see so much opportunity and growth but thats just me. I check myself when im frustrated and do my best to not be a victim and instead take responsibility for why im feeling shitty.

5 Likes

Unfortunately there’s no end of people who talk shit but never tried to take it to a level higher than ‘Eh fuck it I’ll do it when I get around to it’ which is beyond disappointing.

1 Like

How did the hemp industry workout for you when it became saturated?

You want to speed that up with the weed industry? You need more people from other industries coming into this one to make it harder for the folks that built the industry to get a career from it? I’m sure all the chemistry degrees can do better in chem engineering or petroleum than weed, same with the sales guys, not a ton of room for big commissions in an increasingly flooded market with falling prices in mature markets unlike hundreds of other sales roles.

You are making a lot of assumptions with that last post. Any opinion that differs from yours means someone is failing or salty? It doesn’t hurt me or cost me a penny to know you hold a different opinion than me, I may even be able to learn something from your point of view that makes my point of view more accurate.

6 Likes