4 inch Pope

Maybe you ran the terp pass too hot and started distilling CBD? What was the temp of the evaporator set at

How many stage did your distillation unit has?
Yes, you might set the temperature too high for terp pull.
300k for a 60L/hour unit is great. Which company did you get it from?

im doing a run tomorrow and will check on temp. Wouldnā€™t I pull thc first ?

Not necessarily. THC and CBD distills at roughly the same temperature. That is why you cant just distill out CBD or THC singularly. You have to use various forms of chroma remediation to separate them. So I would say you were running just a little bit too hot, or too slow on the wiper. or both.

1 Like

Cbd boils alot easier that thc even though cbd has a higher boiling point, this has to do with the fact CBD has 2 bonds that can move (which is why cbd is less stable than thc, thc has no bonds that move). Br has a head that can seperate thc and cbd I hear

2 Likes

Would you say CBN is less stable than THC as well?

A while back BR told me that they cannot do that effectively and were fed bad info from a customer implying it was possible. And if they do figure out how to do it I bet theyā€™ll be putting that out there on blast ā€“ everyone would want one.

1 Like

I heard they have a special head that does it, the makers of the fraction finder have identified the wavelengths of cbd and thc Future told me at the GLG meet up in CO that they want him to play with one to see if it might be possible to seperate the two by distillation. I think it might be possible seeing as how easy cbd boils compared to thc. I bet we can find an absorbent to help hold the thc in the flask. Did you see my post in the wiper film manufacture thread about the modified BR that entourage bio science makes? They have a proprietary clay that breaks azeotropes, I bet we could find one that would create one with thc but not cbd.

Once you add active media all bets are off - youā€™re doing gas chromatography at that point.

Yes I saw that post too. If the media is polymers I could find out what it is if I had a sample.

Itā€™s not a modified BR. No spinning band inside. Just a large vacuum jacketed packable column seems like.

I was told by someone close to the engineer itā€™s a modified BR. Maybe itā€™s not Iā€™m just repeating what I was told.

1 Like

Last company i worked for won a law suit against another company who took our crude in to toll down to t-free distillate (and signed papers saying it was possible). Turns out they were using a BR and long story short it didnā€™t work.

1 Like

Sent in something like 25 kgs of good crude and got back like 7 kgs of super hot disty

1 Like

:thinking: how many 15m MXT-35 columns would you need to run in parallel to get 1000g through?

1 Like

As the creator of the ff i can answer all your questions. First off future was never asked by my team or peers to do any research on the item. His friends may have been and he might have been on the room, but no his story is just that. A story. We have trained programmers and uv identification machines to do the research. We also deal with real labs that can afford to do thier own research.

THC and CBD cannot ever be removed in a standard distillation. Only major quantities can be removed. Minor amounts become azeatrope distillations and take bits and pieces with it. There are heads that can reduce the thc down that we make so that on a second or third crash you wonā€™t have THC in the crystalline. But that is a process based on dropping out fractions. Not taking fractions.

As the inventor of the original dual pathway CBD head, there is only one device on the market that can continuously drop out the majority of the thc from the CBD vapor stream - the spd4 big Bertha mpd(modified path distillation). This was the first and still only dual pathway technology refined specifically for CBD work. Wipe films cannot achieve this and from my research and customer base this is still the only device that can accomplish it with high efficiency.

@spdking, are you saying you can make (close to) compliant CBD distillate with one of your heads? You make it sound as though your products have the ability to do what only chromatography appears to be able to accomplish. Is this what you are saying, or am I misreading what you wrote?

How much of a reduction in THC is to be expected with one of those heads during CBD distillation? Where does the THC go (heads, tails)? Can the THC be redistilled and collected? Can one perform a second or third pass to lower the THC content further? I am surprised this is the first I am hearing about thisā€¦

1 Like

Maybe Iā€™m sorta not coming off same way.
Typical distillation processes yield hot thc distillate. Making it much harder with bad feed stock to just crash the cbd out over and over to achieve results.
However if you can have a piece of hardware that allows the double bond molecules to launch thier way out while the single bong molecules struggle and retain by efficiency (not absolute), almost backed down then you prevent as much thc from coming through. Itā€™s absolutely not entirety, itā€™s just holding back more. Iā€™ve heard people get great results and on the third crash can get it to borderline or legal limits. The head has two vapor pathways. One operates very much so different than the other. And they are inline. The head has been said to take green crude and distill it to beautifully bright colors with high potency. I have previously posted some videos. Thereā€™s always the mention of green crude vs brighter orangery more crude. They distill different I think.

With a correct sop you can then collect your product Iā€™m sure and do a column strip and then distill out thc. But it would be so little and take so long to get anything.

Thank you for clarifying, @spdking. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Right, because Iā€™m the one with a history of lying to sell more over priced SPD gearā€¦ @kingofthekush4201

2 Likes