3d printer for a small job

Don’t know anyone personally with a 3d printer. Looking to link up with someone who has one to print me maybe a dozen trays, 6x6 with 100 1/2" rods on them that I can use for ejecting carts from their foam trays.

Pretty simple little project but we fill and cap all of our carts in the foam trays they arrive in, so this would really expedite getting them ejected and ready for packaging.

Shoot me a DM. If you’re in Michigan even better.

4 Likes

If u dont mind, ill add into this order, i need two of these aswell

2 Likes

if you search for a local makerspace with 3d printers, you can probably find somewhere local to help.

1 Like

@Nastyclean I know I just talked you into a print shop but now it’s time for a 3d print farm :joy:

If you can’t find anyone, I can do it for you in a week or two when I’m back home

And if you have time and wanna do it yourself its ezpz

2 Likes

@pdxcanna may be of service.

My printer is about to be in training mode for me.

I just learned someone here on the farm has a 3d printer. I should be good to go if he can handle it, I appreciate all the quick responses and references. I’ll look into some of them if he’s unable to get the job done but this is a pretty simple and basic 3d print job.

@Thetetraguy if you want to DM me, I can have him make a couple extra for you. I’ll just invoice you for materials + shipping if that works. Going to see if I can get them made this week.

3 Likes

If you can give me the specs on the grid and the cart diameters I can make the file pretty quick

4 Likes

I can print those for you. I have a few printers so I can get the job done in just a few days. Let me know if you need it modeled or if you just want to print it up.

3 Likes

@pdxcanna @Meezey Thanks all. I’ll definitely hit you guys up if I need any help with this!

2 Likes

The tray is 10x10 carts.

Edge to center is 13/32"
center to center is 9/16"
diameter of each cart is 3/8"

Edit if you want to set each of the “ejection posts” to 3/4" in height, that would be sufficient as well. Thanks!

Sorry about the late reply, trying to keep up with production right now.

2 Likes

Here’s what I have for you… I made the rods 3/8" diameter. They might have a hard time lining up perfectly.

Should I make them slightly smaller or do you think the foam will allow for easy entry?

3 Likes

Tapering the tops may help too :call_me_hand: u could also add some corners that extend our for ez indexing of the foam tray

3 Likes

Great ideas, I think we r good to go now!

5 Likes

I am currently revising this STL, I’ll upload the new version asap for anyone that wants to print one.

7 Likes

Here is the new STL file for any of you 3d printing fanatics.

cart popper presser.stl (713.4 KB)
cart popper.stl (4.2 MB)

I will also have the cart popper and presser available for purchase on ExtractorSolutions.com

8 Likes

Big shoutout to @Meezey for working with me on this. Definitely go check him out, and if you guys receive, fill and cap your carts in foam then this should be a big help to get them out. Looking forward to putting these to work myself soon!

4 Likes

It seems like you figured this one out already, I tried that exact design and had a hard time putting enough pressure on it. I tried 10 at time and that was easier but I also had a hard time lining it up.

Edit: I love the design that you and Zoraku came up with.

1 Like

I couldnt find it on ur website, u mind sending a direct link to it?

Here is a link to the Cart Popper.

Cart Popper with Pressing Tray - Extractor Solutions

2 Likes

I just realized i order from ur website all the time, didnt know the owner was on this forum. Just wanna say thanks for all the stuff you list on ur website. I always do a price sheet and compare prices across multiple websites and i gotta say time and time again youve had the same option for 2/3 the price others are trying to charge.
Even this cart popper, i was thinking upwards of 80-100 for each but once again uve got good prices and only charging $40 for it.

4 Likes