200L/H falling film evaporator

I have been in contact with Henan Koray Trading Co., Ltd about their falling film evaporator. Here is the info I have seen so far.
"Based on your 30-45 GPH recycling requirement, we suggest 200/H falling film, evaporator model.

Heating is 60-72kw, Chilling is based on the chilller you are pairing with.

We have high vacuum gear pumps, usually used in oils and chemicals.This can also meet your needs"

“For falling film evaporator,it has heating device, vacuum pump, gear pump. Its price is $25800
Falling film evaporator and chiller total price is $37800”

Anyone using these yet?

1 Like

Who is the manufacturer and where are they located? I’m literally in China right now and would go check the factory out next week if they are anywhere near Shanghai area.

8 Likes

Koray

1 Like

I did a video chat with them last night while the demo the units for me live

1 Like

Oh Henan province, that’s a long way to go out of my way… too bad. And they’re a trading company looks like so not actually the manufacturer. I generally prefer to deal direct with the factory. Better after-sales service, more likely to get replacement parts, etc.

4 Likes

their # is on that pic… a call to them might point you at the manufacture which could be around the corner from you LOL

1 Like

That’s alot of power for such low evaporation

1 Like

yeah I would be EXTREMELY careful believing the claims of some suppliers. ESPECIALLY if you have not imported before. its VERY easy for customs to seize the shipment because of clerical errors or charge $5-10000 plus in late clearing/storage/transportation/customs/duty/bond/air&seaway fees.

a buddy of mine a few months ago ordered something like this from china
,and when it arrived the “evap” and “cond” tubes had no insides, & there were no answers from the company when he attempted to correct the order

thus my recent comment “usa falling films for the win” we have the longest market so I’m sure some of these geniuses on this site could build something like this for the same cost, and it would actually work

have you seen https://fallingformulations.com/?

I’ve personally seen his units run in the USA, and I can verify he grew up in Humboldt.

they put up “the “real” best dollar per gallon recovery” I laughed a little when I saw it, but its clearly honest lol

usa falling film companies have been on the forefront of this type of engineering since its application in cannabis.

I would rather spend less than this and recover more, but honestly id rather someone spend 100k then be disappointed by an order like this one looks like it is

25k of headache and regret id imagine :man_facepalming::man_shrugging:

2 Likes

We had a bog standard VFD turned around by customs in Beijing. Why? No one could tell us. Not the shipping company, not the logistics company, and certainly not customs. The company re-shipped it with a different carrier and didn’t have any problems.

“Because China” is the main reason for a lot of the things that make us shake our heads. Even super experienced companies with big logistics departments run into this, on projects and items big and small.

I sometimes think the customs agents have a specific quota of rejections to hit to show they’re doing their job. If you happen to be #1000, you get rejected. Sorry, try again tomorrow.

6 Likes

Yes… I havent bought from them, that is why I am asking here if anyone has had experience with them. $100k + for something that has been re-purposed and improved from other industries is frustrating. Lets be honest. If we didn’t need UL listing on the equipment we would see a lot of new machines being made some good and some bad. But as a industry there would be a boom in equipment and price drops. I get there is a lot of work going into designing, testing and certifying. But lets not try and make a home run on every unit. Sell it at a reasonable price.

This is why I am looking at Chinese equipment. If I can get lucky and find an item that works as advertised for 1/3 of the price I am all over it. Just like David’s glass. I tried to buy local but when I am getting quotes from the big name guys here in the USA for 12k to 40k (yes 40K) for a shortpath. I am happy to buy from David, the glass work is amazing, and I spent $1500 for a 5L setup. I have him customizing glass for me all the time.

This looks identical to 90% of the falling films on Alibaba. As it so happens I know someone setting up one like this soon. I’ll tell you how it goes.

1 Like

Good luck

1 Like

yea I was about to say. Falling formulations tops that and I think they recommend 36kw.

1 Like

Did you end up pulling the trigger on this? Myself and another GLG member are each looking at getting one.

Sry, I did not make a purchase

@PhilBilter how about you? Did you end up getting 1? Im also starting to look into falling films. I wonder if a custom big ass stainless shortpath would do the job🤔

Who knows a solid FFE china source?

Touch Science?
Cema?

Whats the best FFE from China atm anyone with experience?

Just build one yourself, it’s not hard

Only thing you really need designed is the shell and tube depending on the size and # of tubes

1 Like

None. It’s always rolling the dice with china. And safety.

1 Like

Yim selling my pinnacle stainless 100l srs for super cheap. With a paired temptek cryogkycol chiller