200 proof or 190 proof?

190 Lab grade (r) isopropyl USP for the win :raised_hands:t3: water forming the azeotropic bonds and ultimately improving of the hydrophilic properties so when do your brine wash all the cellulose often left intact by simple winterizing . No crazy liquor tax , no crazy ass cuts , the cost might be on par but the gradient and also efficacy are significantly increased :sunglasses::call_me_hand:t3:

2 Likes

Deleting former replys to this post for the sake of the community

1 Like

When I looked it up it was not any company I had heard of. Now if you purchase from a distributor who sourced from there then I could see that but if you purchase from a different company that makes their own then hopefully it is safe. I imagine that’s something that most of those companies want to avoid.

This is a link to the company website: https://ethanolextraction.com/

And this is a news post: Ethanol Extraction Recalls Alcohol Product Because of Possible Health Risk

@GroovyOctopusLabs , the XFB does not appear to be related so you should be OK, but you could always contact them if you are unsure.

3 Likes

I thought so, I’ve been using it for a year but I will contact them on Monday because I care about my and everyone else’s safety. Thank you.

1 Like

Im getting 5 gallons of 190 proof heptane denatured Ethanol for $150 shipped to my door from carbon chemistry

3 Likes

55 gallons heptane denatured etho delivered for 872 from carbon chemistry.

2 Likes

That sounds like a petty good deal.

Anyone have better deal on 55gal heptane denatured ethanol including shipping?

Just got 5 gal of heptane denatured ethanol from best value vacs for $150 ($110 for 5 gals and $40 shipping)

Was going to order the 55gal from them but at $950 plus $135 shipping seems like there is some better deals out there.

1 Like

A lot of people seem to like the heptane ethanol. Before this year I always washed with iso (and of course never worried about reclaiming any). I only did one wash and I evap’d the old fashioned way with copious ventilation and a little heat. I’m sure I probably had some methanol left over in some of those.

I switched to ethanol with the idea that whatever I make will be easily edible and working with the ethanol seems much nicer than the methanol (of which small amounts of vapor seem to bother me). I’m having a hard time with the idea of adding in something like heptane although I know it evaporates off pretty easily. Unless I can increase my reclaim efficiency (which will be some time off because I invested in a chemical duty pump vs a better trap) I don’t know if the ethanol will be affordable in the long run.

710sprits cda12 55 gallon denatured 200 proof for 735.98 shipped to me up in Maine.

2 Likes

Doesn’t denatured means it has something added to make inedible? And smell awful

Isn’t this bad thing? Or am I missing something

1 Like

yes and yes, there are added chemicals to discourage consumption by ways of darwinism.
Some have a decernable odor, while others don’t.

here is a list of what they allow as far as what you can denature with.

3 Likes

Thanks, looks to be the best deal on 55gal I’ve seen so far.

So the smell and badness can be purged away?

Usually its not easy to fully seperate the ethanol from the denaturing compound. But yeah as far as oral consumption i would try and get all residual solvent out of dentatured alcohol and reintroduce drinking alcohol, if a tincture is what u desire. But im almost all cases we arent gonna want residual solvent in our stuff anyways.

1 Like

Correct, so what do u use it for then? What’s the end product and what’s it used for?

By way that gummy punch and banana AMC mix looking wonderful and smelling strong esp the banana one!!! They ready to start dancing soon!!! Sexxing them out now!

I just use it for the intital extraction to strip the cannabinoids from the plant matter, mines denatured with Heptane, so its actually alittle more selective than regular (nondenatured) 190 proof ethanol. With having it denatured with heptane, it ends up pulling less of the water soluables then regular ethanol. I would love to see pictures of the wittle ones, whenever u get the chance :grin:

1 Like

not really.

1 Like

people use etoh denatured with heptane most commently, the goal is large amounts of crude to make distillates.

3 Likes

N-heptane is the gold standard for clean evaporating solvents.

If you buy 4 barrels or more our pricing drops significantly. A 270gallon tote of CDA12 from us is less than 2400 prior to shipping.