2 Fires in 3 Days Help!

Agreed on the dust. I think the dust now will stay away with the humidity increase. Its so bad in there. Everyday when i come in i clean the table i work off. I literally can wipe streaks on it. My building is surrounded by soft mud and its that time of the year where the grounds wet. It track into the building. I hate it… drives me crazy. I clean and sweep everyday. It sticks to the outdoor shoes. Still makes its way in the building. Drys on the floor and goes airborn. On my to buy list on high priority was “explosion proof” fan so i could filter the air in the room.

1 Like

Yeah bro, definitely don’t wear that and yeah man take some time to really clean that up. Im sure that will help. Also uline has a fire retardant coveralls for like $70, should get one. And just for good luck, touch your walls before pouring as that can help with grounding you. Stay safe and alert man. Best of luck to you.

6 Likes

Glad your here!
As for humidity your air is friggin dry
Try to up that to the >30% range

What’s the best way to get that done actually in grows we would hang some wet beach towels and lay some on the floor

Also very curious as to how the fire developed once ignited
Did it yust flare of at the sprout ?
Did the slab on fire yust flamed off till all butane was depleted ?
Did you use an extinguisher ? If so what type ? Powder / foam /else ?

I know every setting will. Have difrent results

6 Likes

Anti-static mats look like an option for your set-up. That plastic vent ought to be replaced with metal. Replacing your wrench with a brass one just in case. You say that outlet is not functioning but the wires above don’t work for me. You have some good ideas incorporated in your set-up, stay thoughtful and focused you are already brave to continue.

8 Likes

Treu
at the same time not beeing ashamed and talking about it is the right mindset
In my opinion
Your good at this you will be even beter now with the lessons learned
Don t let fear stand in your way of your passion and be happy you got some for otherwise you where a fool

19 Likes

@Roguelab Big fan here, you’ve given a lot.
https://future4200.com/t/spelling-nazi/87166

1 Like

:joy::joy: Tracy will get a glitch on me :joy:

2 Likes

Do you not already have an explosion proof fan removing the vapors from the room? if not that should be your first purchase. get those flammable vapors out of the booth!!

3 Likes

@Roguelab it basically flared up in my face both times. First time i tried running outside with the slab but R2D2 turned into a flame thrower so i reached within and turned off the valve. Than grab the extinguisher and put it out.
2nd time it flared up i screamed fuck at it and turned off the valve grabbed the last extiguisher i used. It was dead :man_facepalming: luckily i had 3 more beside it. Grabbed the next 1 fought 2 safety pins on it. Within 10 seconds of the whole ordeal i had it out. For future to anyone new i highly suggest keeping your pins out based on my experience. Id rather knock one over and spray baking soda everywhere.

Not sure what kind of extinguishers i got. Im laying in bed rn will udpate later. I have a ton of them kicking around. I got 10 filled 2 weeks ago and im getting them all back today. They are red and taste like baking soda :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Random question and its a long shot. Have you had any work done on your air conditioner recently? ive seen a couple times in my A/C days where a wire on the control board is grounded out on the unit and instead of tripping a breaker or popping the fuse it actually provided low voltage to the ducts

2 Likes

@thesk8nmidget yes i have an explosion proof fan up in the attict so i dont have to hear it blowing outside. Its attached to that orange pvc duct.

Id like to pick up 2 more and circulate the dusty air in the room using a filter. Again everything has been a upgrading progress. Im so luckily to even be running again. I started out spraying slabs on carboard on the floor in the first week before i could afford a bun rack. :man_facepalming: its been me juggling my needs/wants/debts this last 4-5 months

2 Likes

PVC duct is a red flag!!

1 Like

lol does your hair stand up when u rub the duct?

1 Like

The ducts were deactivated before the fires
I had my explosion proof exhaust passively pulling air in the room through the dead airhandler because the airhandler over powered my exhuast resulting in a postive room. My door kept pusning open.
The air handler is now on. It sucks from the other room and difuses positive airflow across 1 side of the room sweeping the floor. My rooms still postive im getting another exhaust fan in a quick second

Also prior to the fire that orange exhuast duct layed on the floor behind the system. I now have it beside R2D2.
Yesterday it sucked up a boat :man_facepalming: i need to move it over a bit farther. Thing sucks

1 Like

id get this out of there, most professional wood shops wont even allow pcv dust extraction tubes because it can cause an explosion with all the saw dust. have you ever used a shop vac and after using it you notice all the dust stuck on the outside of the hose? thats a static charge caused by the dust rubbing on the inner walls as the dust is sucked up. i hope you figure out your issue bro and im glad your alive and able to talk about it

5 Likes

Why don’t you go on a vacation?

Is the duct grounded? The one I have has a ground that runs through it? Also if you are using the air handler for incoming air it is likely that gas is pooling in the room. Do you have sensors anywhere? I cannot see any in the photo.

1 Like

Very sorry to hear & see this. I don’t have much advice to offer unfortunately though. Hope shit gets better for you brother

2 Likes

@Chewwie no at the moment the exhaust duct is not grounded
Since last night its come to my attention even pex attracts dust like @TJMON said about the vacuum lines. Lots to change around the lab. Im focused on the waterlines now being a risk.