1200W sonicator for sale

Item: BSP1200

Price: Best Offer

Gang,

Up for grabs is a SonoMechanics BSP1200 with flow cell for continuous operation. I purchased this on Dec. 5, 2018, and have since upgraded my processing system by building out my own. The system is in great condition; I would recommend replacing the horn or having adequate filtration (below 1 micron) for the processed materials, as I have processed several kilos with this machine. It’s a great ‘plug and play’ system with a low learning curve, and I’d be happy to assist the buyer in ensuring they are able to get the equipment up and running as quickly as possible.

I also have cannabinoid-specific SOPs and formulations to accompany this system.

Inquire at chempistry@gmail.com for more details–

1 Like

An expected price range would help. Otherwise I’ll start the bidding at $1,000

shot you an email!

1 Like

Care to share any details on this?

1 Like

What specifically did you use this for (extraction, product formulation, etc.) and how many hours of continuous use does it have on it?

sure. I sourced a 2000W generator with a 1.5" probe; rather than purchase an accompanying flow cell (i.e. small jacket around the probe to amplify the energy in a small volume of process liquid, which the BSP1200 would come with) I got a local company to make me a piece of glassware akin to a modified spinner flask. I then sourced 2 peristaltic pumps so I could control the volume/reaction time inside the flask, and hosed these to a much larger jacketed reactor vessel where the process liquid can homogenize when not exposed to the sonication. This reactor is jacketed so I could hook a chiller to it to lower the temperature of ~98% of the total volume of liquid, meaning I can run the system longer and have a higher continuous capacity on the instrument. All you need other than this is a hot plate and stir bar to homogenize the process liquid inside the spinner flask so you ensure you’re pumping out and into it at a constant rate and the process liquid is constantly being replaced with less processed material.

3 Likes

I would use this to solubilize around 150-200g of material (cbd isolate, broad and full spectrum distillate) over a time of 75 minutes. The system itself has around 20 full runs on it. It never ran for longer than 60-75 minutes at a time and it’s water jacketed/cooled and was kept between 0 and 5C. Extraction isn’t really scalable with this model seeing as you have to take the reactor vessel off and just use it in probe mode.

How much? Still available?

I have an 1800W system available. It isn’t SonoMechanics and can only be utilized in ‘batch mode’ but the capacity is more appropriate for this industry unless you are distributing 100k + units/wk. Shoot me an email at chempistry@gmail.com and I’ll send over specs and we can go from there.