100# butane tank up grade

Question. I want to upgrade my passive solvent tanks from the 50# jacketed tank to a 100# tank. Open source steel makes a tall skinny tank with no center cooling coil and best value vacs makes a shorter one which DOES have a center cooling coil. Does anyone have an opinion or experience on which tank would have a faster recovery time. I am using a touch science DLSB 50/80.
Here are pics of the two tanks.

Are you using a recovery coil?

If you’re cooling the outer jacket with the chiller and using a recovery coil. It should scream!

One thing though is the smaller one seems like a 50 gallon butane tank (100lb water)

Oss is a 100 gallon butane tank (200lb water)

1 Like

If you get one from oss, inspect it very very well. I had one and the diptube was hanging by a thread and the lid was not flat and wouldnt seal. Also make sure they have it in stock my purchase was a nightmare with it from them.

1 Like

I have the same 100lb compression tank sitting waiting to be built. You’ve got me concerned now.

3 Likes

I mean @Killa12345 has some killer tanks too

2 Likes

I bought mine with a ton of used equipment.

I love killa tanks too!

I just hate the fact that the tank comes with 1/2” npt.

1 Like

Just inspect it, mine was very obvious but other than that it worked just fine once i made sure it sealed and the dip tube wouldn’t fall off. This was also 5+ yrs ago so maybe there qc has gotten better.

1 Like

It hasn’t

3 Likes

Wish full thinking, i didnt want to make you anymore nervous but i figured. I literally had to have them send me a video of it being boxed and shipped after all the bullshit of them not telling me it wasnt in stock. It was an easy fix per say it was more the hassle that it wasnt safe to use by simply just cleaning it. Just check the welds and do the usual vac/pressure test and you should be fine. You know what your doing, just wanted to give a heads up since i had the exact same one

1 Like

Yeah, fuck npt. I’m over it. My next system will be all compression fittings or tri clamp.

@Killa12345 when are you going to bring us some stainless with compression fittings?

3 Likes

Whichever has the largest surface area.

4 Likes

yes…some compression fittings are being sent to china as we speak.

and i figured it would be easy to go down from 1/2 then up from a smaller diameter and inpead flow…

5 Likes

Hell yeah. Stoked to see what’s to come

1 Like

I took it as in he didn’t like that they were npt.

Could be wrong…

Personally, I would much rather step down if needed.

1 Like

gotcha… i will have a full line of compression extractors this year with a name brand compression fitting… Just wanna keep the details a bit silent till it comes out.

7 Likes

It’s really both, lol.

Npt and 1/2”

I’m just bitching though, killa tanks are still the best quality at the best price… I’m just being a dick

Let me know when the boats on the way with the compression tanks, I’ll be getting down on that for sure

2 Likes

Cant wait!

2 Likes

I am curious to know what you think of the OSS tank. Are you upgrading from a smaller size. ?

1 Like

I am not using a recovery coil but I do have one I could use. I will implement that today and see how it goes.

1 Like

I bought the oss tank in a package deal. And mine is unjacketed. I’m using this strictly for storage. I have a few 50lb tanks that I’ll use for injection an recovery