1 plant having irregular leafs any ideas of the cause?

Not really a issue just more curious than anything one of our plants leaves has mutated and looks very interesting and was wondering if anyone knew the cause started off looking normal now every leaf looks like this. We are Using leds 700w draw per m3. plants are roughly 2’ away. plants are in Air assisted fabric pots with a inhouse mixture “not sure what’s in it honestly”. This has happened a few times in the past but was light dep w/ hps and now led assisted. Thanks in advance!.

3 Likes

Same strain each time?

1 Like

no its been a different strain each time I believe. one was a sativa should have taken a picture the leaves did what’s pictured above but curled so much into almost a perfect ball. leaves we nice deep green color too.

1 Like

Cross pollination with Canadian maple… Try cutting a little slit in the trunk and see if it’s sweet🤪

9 Likes

smells sweet enough sticky too xD

2 Likes

Looks like Duckfoot or Australian Bastard. They grow leaves like that. Do you recall the strains that did this? It would be interesting to try and trace the genetics.

5 Likes

If I remember correctly the names were ,blue city diesel, dinanafem cheese and this current one is a Blueberry. the plants leaves all start out normal looking then just 1 day they start all connecting into maple leaves xD. I believe maybe environmental conditions are met for this mutation or something "botany is not my expertise "

1 Like

Do you know the cause of the brown spots? Looks like septoria to me. Cannabis gets a lot of diseases that only impact it in a minor way. Plants usually power out of septoria, as it only affects leaves. I don’t think it causes fused leaves, but any stress could be a factor in the mutation.

4 Likes

What’s in your water? Could be fucking with the hormones like when you drink out of a garden hose on a hot summer day.

1 Like

Maybe there is light pollution comming in at night?

Or a faulty/accidently set timer go on during night for × amount of time and no one around to notice.

Does it happen in flower?

1 Like

This looks like a calcium / magnesium deficiency to me. You can’t “fix” calcium deficiency in leaves that already have it, but you can keep it from happening to the new growth but adding some kind of Cal-Mag to your regiment.

Side note**
If your pH is off your plant won’t uptake calcium. PH for calcium uptake is between 6.5 - 9.5. Cannabis growers tend to keep their pH below 6.5 which can cause issues in sensitive plants.

Just my opinion! Hope this helps!

2 Likes

https://csplabs.com/

If you tell them its hemp these guys will run a virus panel.

Not sure if thats the issue I’ve never seen anything like that before.

Are you starting from seed? Could just be wierd genetics.

I just harvested some autos that I started in the greenhouse in winter and found one plant that had a couple leaves like that. No real reason that I could figure out. White Widow x Crystal Meth from i49 I got a couple years ago.

4 Likes