1.5 Triclamp BHO Recovery?

Did you pull vac on your recovery tank?

1 Like

if you use denatured alcohol you can just leave it in the cooler and place the back on tbe next morning ur doneā€¦ acetone will eat the gasket in coolerā€¦i havenā€™t took mine out in while just readd

i can not take credit for thisā€¦

@Soxhlet taught me to reuse my cooling solvents, saves tons money

5 Likes

I agree. Denatured alcohol for the win. Itā€™s the only thing I use in slurries now

1 Like

i started w acetoneā€¦its not worth using those dreaded ptfe envelope gaskets

and for what 7-10 more degrees?

ill stick w -70f. thats just fine for meā€¦and i bet once uve dissolved about 30lbs dry ice into 3 gal D alcohol, and it stops bubbling and acts like sdding cubes iceā€¦its most likely-78f then

1 Like

can i get a hockey stick autographed or a figure skate?

Yeah, but itā€™s gunna cost you a dream cartā€¦

2 Likes

hahahha my dream carts are worth more than that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

space mtn baybay

maybe pricelessā€¦no one else puts in love and talks and prays to mother aya like swim does while makingā€¦and chantingā€¦whooo yayayyay who yayyaya who!

open to come teach anyone for a fee :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::kissing_heart::wink::facepunch::green_heart:

2 Likes

I didnā€™t think HDPE was up for that.

The all knowing one suggests that draining after use is going to be important for longevity.

While acetone will not dissolve HDPE , it can lead to material failure. If you leave acetone in a Nalgene bottle for long periods, it will eventually develop horizontal (i.e. circumferential) solvent-stress cracks at the level of the liquid-vapor interface, leading to failure when squeezed.

4 Likes

is hdpe denatured alcohol friendly? if so make another check for why i like it better ā€¦bc i straight leave it in the cooler year round. i just top it off here and there

2 Likes

Yep. 50gal and 275gal HDPE containers of denatured ethanol shipping all over the placeā€¦

1 Like

yep guys another reason why denatured alcohol is winning

all knowing mighty @cyclopathā€¦tell my good friends here what the temp difference is on proper dry ice slurry denatured alcohol vs acetone. 7-10? (maybe 12)got some literature to show these guys? i dont remember the exact number? thank you good sir!*

i mean like -70f aint cold enough

2 Likes

Iā€™ve not had the correct tooling to answer that question for myself since learning that I didnā€™t actually knowā€¦

Before I got here, I always though acetone/isopropanol/ethanol/methanol all hit the same -78C

Iā€™ve cited sources here (somewhere) that put ethanol at -74C and at -78C. Either way it seems close enough that I use ethanol (denatured or terp saturated).

If using it as a circulated fluid, acetone has better thermal capacity (iirc), but that doesnā€™t seem relevant in a vat style chilling.

Edit: looks like it was 72C and I didnā€™t actually cite my sourcesā€¦

4 Likes

-70C (itā€™s colder, trust me)

4 Likes

This!!! This,is what I do!

so a recovery coil is must to recover fast w big tank. and cover the big tank in dry ice slurry

3 Likes

Absolutely

4 Likes

Or have a jacketed tank and chiller

1 Like