$0.25-0.50 per gram! THC & Pesticide Remediation in NorCal at cGMP/FDA/Kosher Certified Facility

@Ssierla email sent!

How could you say that unknowns are better than other T-free?

I assume youā€™re talking about minor cannabinoid content and not something thatā€™s also cut with an unknown.

But you should NEVER consume unknown chemicals and you should Really NEVER sell unknown molecules to unsuspecting consumers.

Again Iā€™m not saying that these are unknowns in @Mosaic_Co-Labsā€™s oil they could very well be the cannabinoids in question but Iā€™m speaking about synthetic chemistry or ā€œconversionsā€ in general. I donā€™t know whatā€™s in his oil because I havenā€™t studied a sample of it :woman_shrugging:

But playing around with synthetic chemistry and selling CBN ā€œDistillateā€ for example gives people the wrong ideaā€¦ itā€™s not like CBD or THC distillate where the other 20% is plant matter/lipids/flavonoids/etc. The missing % points in anyoneā€™s converted material is NOT plant material, and is likely NOT safe for human consumption.

People who are doing conversions and selling impure products are doing the same thing as pharmaceutical companies in synthesizing new molecules out of a starting materialā€¦ they just somehow think that it is different because itā€™s a cannabinoid starting material, but itā€™s not.

People who are playing dangerous games like this are going to ruin it for people who are trying to do these conversions the right way, only offering pure products because they wouldnā€™t sell something that could be harmful to their customers.

Synthesizing compounds is not something to take lightly, big pharma spends billions every year making sure the molecules they synthesize are safe for human consumption. The very least that could be asked of the cannabis industry would be Mass spec/IR/NMR data on any synthetic (or converted in any way). That would at the very least force people to sell safer products and actually give the minors a fighting chance before they get shut down or transferred to big pharma for safety reasons.

8 Likes

@Krative hey buddy!

I agreeā€¦safety is a primary concern

I know I said in the message youā€™re referring too that I have no insights into your oil, but then I went on a rant about conversions in general.

Like I said initially I donā€™t know if your cannabinoids are what they show up to be on the HPLCā€¦ they very well could be and Iā€™m not doubting you.

Iā€™m speaking of a standard that needs to be met when converting molecules into other molecules.

I was also replying to what @Krative said and not you :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Cool cool

@CO_Chromatography weā€™re all good my dude

Thanks for explaining. I appreciate your concernā€¦seriously :pray: this community needs more people who give a damn about peopleā€™s health

1 Like

Iā€™m referring to the unknown content of most non-chemically treated distillates. Best THC disty I can get has 8% unknowns, most of the time the best CBD disty I can get has at least 4-5% unknowns.
This 1-2% unknowns is GREAT in comparison to what is industry standard right now. All our goals should be to either elucidate or eliminate unknowns!

2 Likes

@Krative

I think youā€™re missing the point. The ā€œunknownsā€ in actual cannabis derived extracts is PLANT MATERIAL (AKA Lipids, terpenes, flavonoids, Carotenoids, etc.).

While it would be great to define the true profile including all of the unknowns in normal plant derived concentratesā€¦ itā€™s not too concerning because they are naturally occurring and we have a general idea of what they are (see above).

When you do chemical reactions involving cannabinoids, THERE WILL BE SIDE REACTIONS.

Side reactions can cause molecules which are not naturally occurring, and likely not safe for consumption , to be formed.

Worse yet, there can be side reactions that create compounds which can be mistaken for other compounds via HPLC/GC. In the cannabis industry where the only test for cannabinoids is typically HPLC, this can be VERY dangerous because it can cause a mislabeling of compounds. If this happens then an analytical chemist who does 100ā€™s of potency tests per day can easily mislabel these compounds as a cannabinoid when it is a not cannabinoid. (Or at the very least not a naturally occurring one.)

Most chemists, after doing a chemical reaction, will purify their final product using distillation, Chromatography, crystallization etc. in order to obtain a pure final product.

They then verify the identity of these compound(s) using the best tools they have available (IR/NMR/Mass spec) in order to make sure they actually created what they were intending to create.

Reaction chemistry is HARD, even PhDā€™s need to check their work after trying to turn one compound into another.

That is what worries me about the minors industry, we have a lot of ā€œchemistsā€ who donā€™t properly check their work and are going to end up hurting somebody and screwing the whole industry over.

It might sound like Iā€™m beating a dead horse at this point, but this stuff is really important and can permanently alter someoneā€™s life/kill people. Iā€™m not calling anyone out or trying to throw shade on anyone, but there needs to be a standard we hold ourselves too as an industry.

If we all think itā€™s so fun to play chemist then we should hold ourselves to real chemistry standards, because weā€™re not trying to optimize extractions anymoreā€¦ weā€™re doing reaction chemistryā€¦ just like big pharma.

Would you take an aspirin if you knew the active ingredient was only 50% pure and 50% garbage side reactions? Would you give it to your family and friends?

ā€Unknownsā€ in converted materials can be potentially harmful. While unknowns in extracted material are at the very least naturally occurringā€¦ same stuff you get while smoking flower while converted material is not even close.

In regards to @Mosaic_Co-Labsā€˜s oil here, I canā€™t speak to its efficacy given I donā€™t have any to take samples of/donā€™t have any data to look at. It could be wonderful, or it could have dangerous unknowns :woman_shrugging:

I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt and Iā€™d hope heā€™s done his due diligence and this product is safe, but Iā€™m certainly not the authority on this product.

2 Likes

@CO_Chromatography

Uhmmmm yaā€¦can we take this somewhere elseā€¦like another threadā€¦Iā€™d be happy to grab a seat and watch the debateā€¦but seriously off topic and becoming ridiculousā€¦do not assume anything about my work or my teamā€¦I could be working with Uncle Fester or Madame Fucking Curie for all you know

:pray::pray::pray:

2 Likes

@Krative DM me if youā€™d like to chat more about this.

@Mosaic_Co-Labs I never once made any assumptions about you or your team. Iā€™ve said multiple times that I have nothing to say about your oil.

Doing chemical reactions to a blend of ā€œnaturallyā€ occurring+extracted molecules can be very dangerous if you arenā€™t diligent.

Weā€™re talking about doing chemical reactions to naturally occurring+extracted cannabinoids when weā€™re talking about catalytic remediation right? So I guess I fail to see how itā€™s off topic.

Youā€™ve made it clear you are doing your due diligence and ensuring the safety of your product so no reason to be stressing, Like I said Iā€™m not throwing shade. If anything it just makes your product look that much better right?

:v:t3: Just trying to give warnings out to people in our industry about people who donā€™t do their due diligence with any kind of reaction chemistryā€¦ because it can really hurt people.

Sorry if you feel like Iā€™ve hijacked your thread. Not the intention. :v:t3:

1 Like

Especially using palladium

Easy to make HHC if youā€™re not careful

1 Like

From personal experience, with a good wiper and good upstream processes you can get 95%+ on THC distillate.

If you second pass it 97-99% cannabinoids is likely if youā€™ve got your process dialed in.

1 Like

:drooling_face::drooling_face: gimme some :drooling_face::drooling_face:
Is it possible to split these threads? Seeing as @CO_Chromatography 's statements were somehow meant to be general and not specifically in regards to @Mosaic_Co-Labs material, these posts are irrelevant to the original topic and should have their own.

2 Likes

Highly recommended. Solid members of the #glg and definitely sharing the ā€œlevel up togetherā€ mindset.

4 Likes

ā€¦bump

Hey are you willing to sell openly or just businesses. Iā€™m interested in a few liters if possible just would like to know prices! Nice pic and work by the way

1 Like

Hello,

I am interested in your remediation. Please send me some information.

Thank you,

Todd
tbean@icbdextract.com
949-422-8834
Imperial CBD Extraction

1 Like

Dm me contact info please.

1 Like

Would like to speak with you regarding multiple liters of THC distillate for pesticide remediation.
Please DM me so we can set up a phone chat this week.

Thank you!!!

Would like to speak with you regarding multiple liters of THC distillate for pesticide remediation.
Please DM me so we can set up a phone chat this week.

Thank you!