YOC Dirty Diamond Tek - THCa isolation from Crude

I was going to tool around, but ended up moving instead.
Just play different things figure it out you know whatever

There you go!
I was kind of hoping that there was a term for the temperatures between just freezing and cryo but I can’t find anything

Edited the post, don’t want any confusion!

2 Likes

Yeah, good call, that could probably work. Just need a good enough vacuum to boil your solvent at whatever temp you want to extract at, and a condenser that is at least 20 C colder than your desired extraction temp. Never seen it done personally!

2 Likes

If I ever get my beefy -40° chiller back online and my stainless soxhlet built I might have to try that.

2 Likes

I always wanted to try this. No reason you couldn’t do it, even at room temp with very mild vacuum

1 Like

Glass was always my biggest fear with it, but fuck around and all that…
Best laid plans etc

Where did you get those cups?

Start here:

10 Likes

It must get old having people point out your ineptitude.

If you were less cocksure, I imagine you’d get the softer treatment many other folks get.

1 Like

Wear protective gloves. Wear eye or face protection. Keep away from heat, sparks, open flames and hot surfaces. - No smoking. Use explosion-proof electrical, ventilating, lighting and all material-handling equipment. Use only non-sparking tools. Take precautionary measures against static discharge. Keep container tightly closed. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Avoid release to the environment. Avoid breathing vapor. Use and store only outdoors or in a well ventilated place.

4 Likes

If you were more cocksure u might get to have sex with a girl that doesn’t look like a guy one day

Oh just listen to Standardoil, and look up flashpoints, cowboy.

Maybe I’ll buy one of your closed loops if you chill.

2 Likes

Lol u came out of no where and called me cocksure and inept, then tell me to chill for responding the same way

presumptuously or arrogantly confident.

This is the wordier equivalent of me telling you to not burn yourself down because you’re cocky and have demonstrated your ignorance of established safety standards multiple times because you seem sure your own sense of “common sense” is enough to guide you through a dangerous hobby.

If you can’t understand why folks are considering other solvents that are liquid at room temperature, like ethanol relatively safe, vs pentane dangerous and to be kept contained or in a fume hood, you should figure out why.

I mean really, here’s a good old throw back:

I would never trust a guy who did this to be safe with pentane, or butane. Windchimes are for pretty sounds, not extraction.

9 Likes

First post here… ive been reading through the different fuge posts and I just got one for the extreme low.
so I went the bag in tube way to save costs since it’s just for personal and just did 2 mini runs tonight. First off, this is so damn cool. I started out small and even balancing that was a pain in the ass, but once it was balanced I started with some peanut butter breath… I did 4500rpms for 1hr20min, I was too eager and should’ve ran it for a bit longer at that speed.
Right after that I loaded up some sour jack and WOW, this sour jack came out sparkly!! I ran it at 5000rpms for 1hr… I am completely stoked with the results…

6 Likes

It’s a empty tank dip shit

His excuse is often that this was after he removed the shelf it was sitting on.

Like that’s any better of a reason for a fucking tank of solvent to be 5’ off the ground on a shelf with a chain attached.

3 Likes

gravity tek :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

I can just picture him using a ratty old drill just sparking away as he unscrews a shelf by his wind chime full of butane.

6 Likes

I can just picture ur fat ass girlfriend

When you imagine her, is she full size or midget?
Does she skate?

8 Likes