YOC Dirty Diamond Tek - THCa isolation from Crude

Thanks, I’m trying to avoid using any additional chemicals. Ive been following this thread, but I want to know if theres a way to grow crystals in sauce that has already started to sugar.

1 Like

The sugaring is crystals growing, you just have to control the speed of the precipitation to grow stones. When your extract is sugaring it is in the spontaneous nucleation zone. As far as solvent less diamonds that is not where I shine, but the same principal’s would apply no matter what the mother liquor is made of.

5 Likes

Tried a CUP-30.
Wrong tool.

Even WITH a custom rotor (didn’t bother).

CUP-5 or CUP-15 could be appropriately modded. There are cheaper options.

With a “washing machine” you would likely need to remove the basket every run to avoid significant losses on your “sauce” (Or build a custom rotor).

Not sure that the HDPE bowls most run are terp friendly. even the ones with stainless baskets seem to run HDPE bowls these days.

Nothing like the old speed queens…

4 Likes

Sugaring is crystallization. You’ve got a lot to read, my friend!

2 Likes

What are you bigger guys using to spin terps off??? I don’t think the 6x50 is going to be large enough. I just found a 4x250ml used on eBay for $500. Seems like that’s the ticket but I can’t find any separation filters for it.
Thanks in advance!!

1 Like

We can fit 100-150g per basket and the fuge fits 4 cups giving us 4-600g loaded per run.

Were in the process of getting a much larger 6x1000l bucket centrifuge up and running so we can up our volume significantly. Guessing it will allow us to spin about 4-500g per basket x6 so 2.4-3kgs per run.

13 Likes

Probably not fast enough either. It can take a few hours for good seperation ime

@thesk8nmidget that merry go round you posted is pretty fast yeah?

3 Likes

How high of RCF have you managed so far with those baskets?

2 Likes

@thesk8nmidget’s “merry go round” has a name you know… if you look closely it’s clear that the machine prefers to go by “Carol” :joy:

5 Likes

Carol Baskets is her full name and shes a THCA queen!

Max speed we run with our baskets is 1500rpm (1400 rpm in that picture which equate to 394 G’s or 394 RCF) . We haven’t spent much time increasing that speed but will in time.

10 Likes

Fixed it for you. :kissing_heart:

8 Likes

FACTS!!

6 Likes

Lost 3 out of four screens at full speed (3k rpm), but only one jar disintegrated.

Failed at max load (~200g) at 1500 rpm. Backed off to 1300rpm 130-145g. reduced consequence of failure (spares & not glass!), and started slowly exploring faster again

Screen needs support.

6 Likes

I’ve got a couple ideas, the tolerances are really tight on these things unfortunately(.75mm clearance between the two sides total as I measured it)

14 Likes

Never used pentane. He means 10 percent of pentane to oil or 10 percent oil to pentane? Assuming from pics 10 percent pentane to oil?

This looks like a coffee strainer I have

That’s what they were for before they were adapted for this

3 Likes

That’s exactly what he means

1 Like

You should not be using pentane. It’s more dangerous than butane and without a better understanding of it you could get hurt.

7 Likes

What do I need to understand?