WTB 2-5 liter SPD

Looking for either a 2 or 5 liter short path and figured I’d see if anyone has a complete system or parts laying around they’d want to sell.

The parts I need are:

AI or glas-col mantle

Huber recirculating chiller (will consider some polysci)

Complete or partial glass setup ranging from 2-5 liters

Edwards, Alcatel, or Welch, rotary vane vacuum pump

Mechanical cold trap that will get down to -80c

Bullseye digital vacuum gauge

Assorted kf25 hoses and fittings

If you have any of these things please post here or DM me :pray:

1 Like

I have some glassware that i will never use

Let me go get pics

Usalab 5L head and valve adapter- barely used maybe a total of 15L of oil has been through it- i upgraded to a 20L shortly after getting this and put it on the shelf.

34/45 joint at the BF and 24/40 from there onward

Alcatel 2021i which has been rebuilt recently, less than 20 hours of runtime after the rebuild, has a borosilicate glass sight glass (stock are plastic) so you can clean it with hydrocarbons if you want.

This also has an oil recycler that is not pictured if you want to use it as a roughing pump its great for that purpose.

I also have a few recirc heater/chillers i believe a VWR and a Lauda, both fine for spd use.

I have a bunch of kf fittings as well, most of them have never been used. I’ll make some time to go through and find appropriate items if you are interested in any of the larger items ill send em your way cheap

Totes and totes of stuff like this… the fancy ptfe EVAC clamps are kf25 and kf40 for glass to glass or glass to metal and have never been used- make me an offer

3 Likes

Thanks for the link, didn’t see it when I searched b.c. it was in the wrong category :triumph:

But I don’t buy gear from companies who have employees that openly talk about holding onto nazi memorabilia as investments

1 Like

Say WHAT???

This is why your my brother. Lol.

1 Like

I am extremely happy with my summit glassware and the new Genesis mantles. I have two and the systems have shaved off alot of run time with great results.

1 Like

May I ask out of curiosity what did you do to summit/Elliot to piss him off enough to get into a tiddy with him.

Bumppp, still trying to compile a list of parts :metal:

@Josh.Schlotsky I’ll probably be DMing you by the end of week on that list :call_me_hand: thanks

1 Like

Call your bestie over at summit. Real talk.

I got all that shit you’re looking for and they hooked me up on prices when I did the dance.

Summit isn’t anything I will buy buying. There are way better options out there.

Thanks for your recommendation though.

Sounds like you frontin fam. You and me have both worked with glass col and AI mantles like you posted and we both know how lame they are. The glass is quality - you know they don’t fuck around. Sounds like you should just work your concerns out with them. It also sounds like your hatred for someone you’ve probably never met or talked to before is clouding your judgement when you say there are better options out there. You can hate in circles all you want. I’ve never used anything as good as summit mantles or glass. Everything else breaks. Everything else makes darker distillate. Everything else takes longer. And I think you know that there isn’t anything better and that’s why instead of being a mature adult you’d rather play patty cake about your unwarranted feelings about someone you don’t even know.

Reason why I say this, is because if you ever spent any time talking to anyone over there you’d instantly take back your redderick.

Maybe it’s time to grow up.

I Wana say you mean “rhetoric.”

2 Likes

I was making water clear distillate using an AI mantle as far back as 5 years ago or more. They are my favorite and I know how to program them a bit. They work very well and are affordable.

I promise I know what equipment i need, I don’t need any recommendations. You literally don’t even know the use case and I didn’t ask for any help picking out gear.

If you keep shilling for summit on this thread it will be flagged as spam

Hey there, although I’m assuming your use is short path, you literally listed all the stuff these vendors sell. And nothing you listed is out of the ordinary. I’m not shilling, and you are the only one making threats about locking up threads on here. I’m just saying you should be a adult and work your issues out and finally meet people who are as passionate as you are in distillation. You talk shit about a dude and make excuses and juggle responces instead of just telling us all what your problem with summit is. I’d love to hear it. I was suggesting to call your long lost brother over there because it’s a bit funny knowing how much hate you have for someone you’ve never met or talked to.

And trust me when I say this, the last two so mantles I had died within weeks apart, and if it wasn’t for attaching a Amazon purchased pid to it I wouldn’t have got those extra three weeks of use from them. The china mantle quality game has gone down his in the last couple years. My advice may not be wanted, but I’m aure it makes you think twice.

What do you call incessantly recommending a product I’ve already told you I won’t buy?

I’m an informed consumer and I’m buying what I need.

The only thing I’m thinking twice about is your ability to read the room. I’m not dumb enough to buy shit from summit, try shilling somewhere else

1 Like

Why you mad bro. What happened. Can you show the room, on the doll where summit hurt you.

It’s not incessantly pestering to sell you something, it’s just throwing out the fact that your brother from another mother isn’t all that bad; when in fact your anger, dissociation with reality and hatred for someone you probably don’t know overburdens and clouds your judgement and responces.

We get it, you hate the owner of summit for some god awful reason nobody understands. Wich makes the recommendation of going to summit so much funnier in regards to your responces about it.

-connor

patenting other people’s work is a good reason

2 Likes

Hi!! Need some glass?

summit does have some cool mantles with some really strong magnets which you probably dont need for your project as i do know what its being used for.

i really dont see how anyone that knows how to order custom glass like you do would buy any glassware from summit as you can just copy the design in china and have it in america in less than 10 days.

i really enjoy @Lightbulb love for summit and hate for the all same things summits owner hates. Its refreshing see 2 people with identical viewpoints. :rofl: :joy: :joy:

5 Likes