Would this recovery tank be worth getting?

So I need to get a stainless steel solvent tank before I can do any extraction and my biomass is stacking up to a problematic level. I found this tank on Craigslist and it looks old and a little janky. It also doesn’t look like it would be able to be cleaned easily. I’m not in a position to spend for a new tank(first on the to buy list), would this work as a temporary substitute? My goal is just to get a product that isnt contaminated. Thank you!

What’s the inside look like? Looks fine to me. I’d change out those mini ball valves. But other than that, should work fine.

I’d do a pressure check on it at hot and sub zero temperatures to make sure it holds up it’s integrity.

2 Likes

Looks to be missing a fitting, which will make doing that before purchase difficult. Also looks like 1/4” npt directly into lid.

Be aware it might not actually BE npt see:

I’d also suggest doing a hydro test rather than using compressed gas. See:

The poor man’s version is to fill everything with water and then pressurize that with gas. Because you’re using only a fraction of the gas, you’re only storing a fraction of the energy.

3 Likes

Not easy, but achievable.

Those sight glasses come off. You should then be able to get a brush in there and scrub it. With two sight glasses you can look in there to determine how often that chore needs to occur.

You might need a smidge over 3’ reach…

3 Likes