Would like some advice on fixing the magnetic spinner on a heat matle

Much appreciation.

I’ve also been told to substitute my spinbar for boiling chips ,what’s your thoughts on that Spdking ?

1 Like

Not the greatest idea to be honest.

4 Likes

Just a tip for ya. If you want spdking to know you have a question for him, use the @ before his name as in @Reggaeboy, he’ll get notified.

Of course he’s probably monitoring this thread already…

2 Likes

@CdpIchem Thanks bruv,I’ll keep that in mind .
@spdking thanks for saving me the headache .I was going to do a trial run today lol

1 Like

I’m not sur if you hit up this other thread, but here’s another thread with similar issues.
Replacing Magnet in Mantle - Hash and Stuff / Distillation - Future4200

2 Likes

First response :shushing_face:

Would like some advice on fixing the magnetic spinner on a heat matle - #2 by Curious_Roberto

(And yeah, reminders often seem to help)

2 Likes

Hahaha honestly I couldn’t help it to rip the thing apart to see what the issue was .On taking the heating part of the mantle off I was left with just the magnetic drive.I fiddled around a bit with the drive and the said to hell with it what would it hurt if I slapped on another piece of metal to the magent,thinking it would increase polarity and shit somehow it did ,spinner is working just fine now ,This is however a temporary fix ,I ordered a mantle and it’s in its way…Replacing all the parts yourself is definitely doable.

3 Likes

boiling chips don’t work under vacuum.

3 Likes

@Soxhlet thanks for that article ,Completely makes sense .

4 Likes

@spdking The mantle just showed up …hopefully this will work nettle than the last one .As for programming it ,shouldn’t it have come with an internal sensor as well for the burn in process or am I just using the sensors provided ?

Everything should be fine. Call the shop to see if they have a plug for the connection. You are right it should have come with that. These should be okay to use out of the box they are more modern. Again we just have these from a batch before Techno-Heat came out so it’s just a spare unit in shop. We have been focused on Techno-Heat models with the built in programing etc.

Does it at least have a warranty?I Have a couple of those kicking around for a different model …it should suffice. Another question man I know it’s nothing to do with the question but @spdking ,Have you ever had to ramp a mantle to 300 just to get thc to pop ? Head steps were at about 260 .Almost what myself

1 Like

Thc should pop well before 300c on the mantle

Yea I dunno. It might be if the pid isn’t calibrated.

Did this too it worked for me and has stayed working.

When I had this issue I learned your supposed to leave the mantle spinning when your done to cool down. If you kill the stirrer while its still hot itll kill the magnets faster.

Started doing this and the magnets are have worked fine since, not sure if thats the reason. Figured it was worth sharing.

1 Like

@Demontrich …honestly since I’ve started theres only been a handful of times I’ve distilled below 260 on the mantle .

I’ve never been over 230c. And that’s squeezing the last bit of tails. I’m normally at 205-210c for mains.

What’s your vacuum microns?