Wiped film cleaning SOP

Think I’m buying a used stainless WFE

What’s a good cleaning sop before first use and eventual maintenance cleaning

1 Like

Think is good…
Searching helps too.

Imo used WFE should be opened for inspection when it comes in the door: Refinishing a SS wiper body: what’s the score?

… as far as official SOP’s go, see Shit you see on reddit...

Tricks used on related hardware are relevant too Best way to clean ya nasty boiling flask??

6 Likes

3 Likes

Put D-lime & the coconut…

1 Like

Just had a few Interesting talks with someone about how microfiber is the way. Then bounty.

Everything else is way too linty and will fuck up equipment like gear drives.

1 Like

Oh fuck biting the WFE in the face isn’t the way to go? I didn’t mean for the focal point to be the shamwow, just ol` Vinnie

Also. Dude. The preferred nomenclature is lemon-nine.

3 Likes

Really depends on the previous owner… I had over 60 payroll hours (let alone my time) in the cleaning and reconditioning of mine. She was a nasty whore when I got her! Just keep in mind that acetone is better for the long baked on scooge, and you may as well go through everything from the get go and inspect basically everything. That way you are not having to tear it down to fix pumps or wiper blades every month.

6 Likes

cleaning SOP?

we don’t need no stinking cleaning SOP…

(this is why you open them…)

7 Likes

nightmare fuel

1 Like

Only thing thats going to clean that is elbow grease and some hot water

3 Likes

Steam wand?!?

1 Like

whats a rbf?

Round bottomed flask, aka boiling flask aka “spd” in some folks whirled. Ie “related hardware” to one’s wfe.

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/Urnex-Professional-Espresso-Machine-Cleaning/dp/B00KQYJWQS

Thank me later.

We like to use Daily Kleen from beaker and Wrench, followed by DI water, and then an Ethanol wash we do this every night. It has been my experience that the combination of these will keep your equipment in great shape, unfortunately we have purchased a gunked up WFE and had to bring it back to working order. You will definitely want to remove the wiper basket and try to get it as clean as possible, I highly recommend running the Monthly cleaner from Beaker and Wrench if its really bad. Good Luck and please post pics of the progress.

*The DI water will help break down the carbon chunks that accumulate, it is a huge help if you’re processing Ethanol Extracts.

2 Likes