Why are the classifieds full of used ethanol labs for sale?

The vape crisis

2 Likes

Nope clear scientist is running 100000 pounds a day on hexane

6 Likes

Wondered what he was up to now a days its been awhile

Realy all all vegteble oils that need a solvent are done with a alkane
Soy, olive pulp after cold pressing,sunflower etc etc

Except for organic biological oils are extracted with ethanol
Reason most muslims won t have them
:weary:
I can highly recomend gooing to a edible oil fair/expo for machinery and tech

9 Likes

Sorry that’s what I mean, not necessarily ethanol, but not BHO. I consider the hydrocarbon argument is BHO vs heptane, pentane, ethanol, hexane etc as all the ones on the right use the exact same machines as ethanol

3 Likes

BHO for full recovery of clean solvent in one step without spinning, pressing or standing on your head.

4 Likes

@Siosis my main point was that new markets are emerging and making all this crude and distillate is not where the most money is . Heptane and hexane are more scalable than ethanol and work better for CRC and cheaper in cost . I was just advocating for butane and propane cause its cheaper than ever and we can make cool new niche products worth more ! I agree with you in every other sense you are the consultant this is your professional job this is just my opinion you know more and have more experience than me ! But hexane and heptane are obviously hydrocarbons ethanol is not . I agree people just dumped too much money into a way over saturated market this is why i think hemp terps and crc full spectrum oil make more sense than distillate , regular crude or isolate . Even for new trendy cannabinoids like cbg or cbc i think a full sprectrum extract is the future of all concentrates THC or Hemp

6 Likes

False. The biggest processors, the ones at 10k lbs/hr are all running hexane. Primarily because the infrastructure already existed

10 Likes

That’s what I get for not reading all the way down

9 Likes

But I’ve daydreamed about a BHO type extractor for one step complete recovery of higher boiling temp solvents. Standard BHO pot still rig except recovery through 4” or 6” pipe with an explosion proof blower, in an additional 4”-6” pipe from recovery vessel back to the bottom of the material column. The additional pipe and blower would be opened and actuated after the initial pot still type recovery of the bulk of the solvent. Then slowly, heated nitrogen would be injected beneath the solvent soaked material to “carry” the last solvent vapors across my dream chiller coil. Passive Aggressive?

2 Likes

Methanol or hexane…

1 Like

Hahahaha I was like wait didn’t I clarify that at some point. So it’s kind of more so a BHO vs ethanol type machinery argument then it is hydro carbon vs ethanol

All forms of solvent based extraction will become obsolete before too long.

Huh ?
You mean enzyme or macrobial production will take over
:laughing: Not gona happen the full spectrum has valeu the isolates are only interesting for pharma and research will take at least another 5 years
In the end prices of crude cbd and thc
Once industrialized won t be much more than vegetable oils

2 Likes

I’m leaning towards larger operations producing their own ethanol with either hemp, or the grain they collect as part of a crop rotation program. Licensing hurdles aside, it seems feasible. My understanding is that 190 proof is relatively easy to produce without excessive equipment costs.

3 Likes

Some folks are scaling.
Some folks are bailing.

12 Likes

No not production but extraction with harsh solvents will disappear. It will not be competitive with what is being developed now. Vegeteable oil is not really a comparable market to cannabis. Ryan L an exec at Global Cannabinoids, who are a major player, gave these predictions for 2020. While Im not aware of all that he is, I tend to agree with this. I’ve seen and done extractions now that were extraordinarily simpler and cheaper than what is currently standard.

7 Likes

I’m guessing you like full melt bubble more than shatter… Because solvent based extraction will never die. Water, Ethanol, c02, N-Butane, N-Propane, N-Isobutane, Heptane, Pentane are always going to be used.

3 Likes

I… Kinda want to try a cannabis suppository but obviously with cannabis lube. Anyone try them?

2 Likes

lol…nah I like it all, personally though of course I feel everything used in the process of creating any consumable product ought to be food grade…and theres the fact that supporting hydrocarbons supports a highly toxic empire of filth and stench and horror that Id rather see die in the face of inevitable progress.

The methods being referred to is not equivalent to IWE and rosin type “solventless” production. More akin to using water with catalysts in place of ethanol or hydros to produce a whole range of cannabinoid products, including shatters, waxes, badders, etc. Patented IP not yet in the public awareness.

Distillation is like the combustion engine. Its a dinosaur technology that leaves much to be desired and will quickly fade away once something better appears.