Why are the classifieds full of used ethanol labs for sale?

I see. I would argue that if you already own the ethanol equipment but want to capture both sides of the market then its not unreasonable to purchase hydrocarbon in addition to the ethanol. I agree with you on some level, I myself have long advocated for a diverse product line in my own organization and see value in these high quality primary extracts. But I never approached it as it must be one or the other because again, the two processes cut in entirely different directions. And again, I don’t think people are hanging one up in favor of the other - I still don’t believe that is why you are seeing so much used ethanol equipment for sale which was OPs inquiry.

1 Like

Well after the vape scare… Im seeing in the market alot alot alot less disty for sale. And ALOT ALOT ALOT more shatter and more specifically crc product.

I cant say for sure if they are hamging one product up for the next but it sure seems like thats whats happening

3 Likes

Again though that’s super duper unrealistic and ethanol is GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe) by the FDA. Butane, Isobutane, Propane, Heptane, Pentane and Methanol are not. I’m not sure if SC-co2 is a GRAS solvent. I know Reverse Osmosis Water and Ethanol are for sure GRAS.

Distillate is IMO a godly resource and it’s never going to die. There’s so much post processing that goes into making the crude oil mixture (winterizing, oh balamce, pesticide removal, oxide removal, etc) and then theres work and post process done on the distillate itself sometimes to make it even safer for consumers.

There’s a lot of effort, knowledge, energy, time and skill put into making a concentrate or extract safe for oral/edible consumption, inhalation or topically for the skin.

They distill the hydrocarbon solvents so that they have no factory lubes in the concentrate and then purge out as much as they can using a vacuum oven down to an acceptable ppm. It’s not just poop soup anymore it’s a real science.

It’s unrealistic to say that only one solvent is the best and one solvent should be used across the board everywhere.

BUT I feel you on how fucked it is that we’re inadvertently supporting a whole industry that pollutes the Earth.

3 Likes

After the vape scare in MA they started to sell “Boosters” [half gram 500mg disty syringes] and pumped out more shatter as well as lowering the price from 70$-80$ a gram of shatter down to 55$-65$ a gram. No CRC Shatter on the market here in MA as far as I know

1 Like

A molecule is a molecule
Extract with water is not gona happen any time soon
Sonicate do all you want been there
Ad a catalyst and might not be so grass anymore
It strikes me that we refused to look at real everyday industry of extraction
For cannabinoids and terpenes
Yet search like mad for novel ways

12 Likes

Is this the technology that Ryan L. claims in @RedDog post?

Cuz the green rushers are finally getting stomped out

4 Likes

Let me guess, you’ve never hit a dab in your life

2 Likes

A big point i was also trying to make is the ability of heptane, hexane, and pentane and how they are very cheap and work well with CRC (and obviosly are hydrocarbons )where with ethanol you need 5 times the amount of media and it doesn’t work as well . As well as a lot of huge labs use hexane cause its cheaer compared to ethanol . @anon42519203 uses pentane to CRC dirty ethanol crude . Whats the point of going ethanol to hydrocarbons for CRC when you could just go straight hydrocarbon(heptane or hexane) to CRC . I feel like you can just do more with hydrocarbons and ethanol is good for just bulk crude , isolate, and distillate production . Where if you use pentane you can even retain super good terps as well !

3 Likes

That’s really cute mr. big britches!

Now let ME guess, you’ve never even attempted a water based enzymatically assisted botanical oil extraction once in your life, and wouldn’t even know where to start, huh?

What insight do you have about biological life below the level of a cell?

You really think theres no more intelligent path in nature for purifying oils from plants than bathing them in hydrocarbons and cooking the shit out of it?

Sorry if you felt offended. Change is scary.

I’m not offended I’m just a bho advocate. Even while running an industrial sized butane extractor I used less hydrocarbon than most people use for heating their farm or other place of business.

You seem pretty salty

“Cooking the shit out of it” hmm…

I’m not even gonna argue with you bro I’ve been working pretty hard today on the hemp farm and its time for a dab. Some good ole bho

13 Likes

You deserve that dab!

4 Likes

Im salty and sweet and sour and even umami, all the good flavors are here.

Its just folks get real anal about keeping comments constructive, then theres regulars respected members as yourself who just wanna take a jab. Fek off with that.

2.638 cans
Butane is 0.573g/mL so this 300mL can is equal to 171.9g or 0.3789 lbs or it takes 2.638 cans to make a lb…

I honestly think that if you’re purifying then you might need further post processing so you are going to need chemicals. Then you need to get the chemicals out so heating and purging… This is literally all the industry has right now besides heat and pressure alongside water. If you don’t like it honestly don’t take part.

Thats fine, Im looking more at big picture stuff like we should probably start thinking about a strategy where we can all live happily and enjoy our pleasures while also leaving these, at best, questionably obtained hydrocarbons where they belong: inside the earth.

I’m also saying all this while still having a healthy appreciation of the joy of smoking all the amazing range of smokable cannabis derived goodies.

2 Likes

If you grill every summer using coal you’re polluting the planet more than propane… Js

2 Likes

I was just wondering how someone that consumes Cannabis concentrates could claim that solvents will be obsolete. It gave me the impression that you don’t dab. Even water is a solvent :upside_down_face:

16 Likes

hydrocarbons for the win. always and forever.

4 Likes

BhNo !

1 Like