Who has the best botanical terps in 2022

Based on what you have said I will check if they sent us blueberry cookies and I will make one vape to test.

I dont have much faith though.

before you start ‘talking smack’ to me - brush up on your english comprehension. I am not repulsed by the typical smell of a bottle of botanical terpenes.

I AM REPULSED by a bottle of Ebyna terpenes.

This strange twist of events meant that I refused to test them. I trust my senses.

Suggesting you make bigger batches that 1g. Only our resident religious zealot believes you can get the formulation right on a single gram.

A tiny bit goes a LONG way. Recommended dosing is below 1% for some. At 5% those ARE overwhelming.

4 Likes

Are u a fan of Ebyna?

I can certainly attest that carts properly formulated with their blends taste great….once dosed correctly, and that sticking my nose in the bottle was an entirely different experience.

Am I a fan of carts that taste like candy?

No, but I have to admit that even on the highest voltage, most tasted like the label said they would.

Making them under white label. Ebyna seems to be the only botanical manufacturer that can meet oregons documentation requirements.

2 Likes

Future will tell but it s very simple to take all cannabinoids out of HTE without damaging the terp profile
It s gona come soon enough to main stream markets

3 Likes

Cold temp distillation has been around for a while lol

No distillation involved other than the propane used to extract :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m not going to say you are right or wrong that they are good or bad…and aside from what seems to be overwhelming support of Eybana having solid products (I just decided to request some samples with seeing sufficient praise) I think it’s pretty ignorant to say because something smells like X it will taste like X.

You do realize the olfactory senses and taste buds do not always agree? Furthermore dilution matters when it comes to smell and taste. Even just taking a terpene blend that people have enjoyed and diluting from 10% cut to a 6% cut made a massive difference in how it tasted when I was designing our various cart products. Sometimes less is more, sometimes it isn’t but to say that their products are poor without even using them in the application they may be designed for, and assuming smell is synonymous with taste and what experience you might get from inhalation and smoking just supports why we should not listen to your feedback.

If you want people to take your opinions seriously you should probably go through proper due diligence and have an understanding of basic aromatic principles and how they may be perceived when used properly (again, taste and smell and dilution are all different and very important).

1 Like

Yeah mate sorry but all of that is bullshit. Good Terps smell nice. Ebynas Terps do not fucking smell nice lol. If you are impressed with that quality then by all means you stick to them, everyone has different tastes, but that shit smells like cheap shitty essential oil.

I didn’t put it into vapes because I do not trust whatever the fuck is inside of it. I am not vaping essential oil. It smells like fucking essential oil.

Damn man. I’m gonna make a cart tomorrow but I pretty much know it ain’t gonna taste nice. That shit smelled awful.

No other terpenes I’ve ever bought have smelled awful.

None.

Ever

It’s not hard it ain’t rocket science it’s meant to smell nice and it smelled like shit

Are you offering this then? I’m after the best terps possible - under 0.2% thc. What can you do?

I am srambeling treu the harvest period now and started late deu to complications
Don t think I ll be of much use this year
And since my crop is Marocan outdoor
I only get to play this game 3 months a year
I ll keep you updated

2 Likes

just curious, and i say this with absolutely no horse in this race: are CDT terps not ‘cannabis essential oil’?

ie, oil layer of steam-distilled eucalyptus = eucalyptus essential oil
oil layer of steam-distilled cannabis = ?

2 Likes

Nah bro like even their consistency reminded me of say mineral oil. I understand where ur coming with that tho I get it. I would say essential oils are a lower grade, highly inconsistent oil with various compounds in that aren’t desired. Terpenes are a rather more refined faction or volatiles contained within cannabis resin glands.

I’d think of it like essential oil being say RSO, and water clear or highly refined terpenes a shatter.

I’ve had terpenes that smelled disgusting and tasted nice. Floraplex’s bubblegum 2-3 years ago, tasted just like bubblegum.

When their entire line smelled disgusting, I was put off of them.

What you reckon skunk #1 smells like at “use 1%”?

First batch (several flavors) were all too strong. Diluted more and flavors were on point (matched label)…

I suggest you at least give them an honest try.

4 Likes

Lol I read what you wrote and I understand where you are coming from… the whole point of lab work is generating data as accurately as possible, that’s the job. I’ve smelled awful terps and still made test batches and to be honest there are usually a couple that surprise me. Testing is the best way for any of us to move forward. I don’t care what you do, but don’t make firm statements about stuff you haven’t tested. You’re just throwing vague opinions into a pool of data, wtf.

steam extracted from copulating wooks?

I find distillation of their hot tub water gives a cleaner profile AND allows for continued use of the wooks

2 Likes