Where is the money?

The price of oil is so low right now ethanol plants are barely producing. Some r making sanitizer tho

AND consequently, folks in the extraction game are having trouble sourcing their solvent…

1 Like

The MED, REC, and hemp industries will soon be going through a near extinction event over the rest of this year, as many MSOs, LPs, etc won’t be able to get constant $250MM infusions of cash every 6 months. I’m sure many of you shared my confusion when you frequently huge M&A deals, valuations, public offerings, etc given to companies that you’d barely even heard of. The majority of those ended up being insider deals, or blatant scams. Most of the people running those either have been or soon will be kicked out of the industry.

Now, the money is in efficient, long-term survival. If you’re a licensee operating efficiently, or can provide a product/service that contributes to that based on merit you are in a good position. Sorta like how an industry actually should function, crazy right?!

6 Likes

I’m surprised nobody started to gas solvents through the “CRC” aka fixed bed columns/towers/reactors to filter the impurities out of the solvents. propane is still around…

not the solvent I had in mind… :wink:

are extraction grade hydrocarbons harder to source?
How does that interact with the price of petroleum right now?

1 Like

Who said that ???
Been cleaning gunk solvents for 2 years now and I am getting good at it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

[Illinois flower and such meds - #11 by ShtoobsGnome]
Felt I my post was somewhat relative to your post…

1 Like

I agree with it for the most part, except the black market will remain dominant in every market unless the barrier to entry is lowered.

2 Likes

100% agree with a dominate black market but for entry cost barrier… Please re look at what your saying about entry, operating cost vs operating a dominant “black market”…I’ll explain… Pablo Escobar hired horticulturist to work with and breed Erythroxylum novogranatense (the coca plant) to yield higher alkaloids per hectare… Yes running a dominant black market is easy so be that the market is in demand for products like that but again I keep going back to operation costs relative to what is happening around us

Vertically integrated THC must include retail.

2 Likes

At this point I’d just like to be everyone’s :electric_plug: for iso lol

1 Like

ISO as in International Organization for Standardization?

1 Like

“dominating the black market is easy”
:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

How many can run a 5,000 square foot op? Then how many can run a 300,000 square foot op and not piss money away trying to "make " money? I think most of the money is with in the ability to scale and having competent methods that don’t complicate the operations and operators.

4 Likes

tride and true term as always.
sell shovels in the goldrush

3 Likes

does this work in the cbd market or just a newly legalized state?

How do you know if you have found a niche, I have experience developing apps, I have 1 year cultivating experience, I have 2 harvest under my belt, My last harvest was 1 pound.

I read on the blog that a 1 pound harvest is not worth the time. I grow in Atl, GA and im hesitant of truly scaling up, should i ignore the laws and scale up or find another way to break the industry?

is this still profitable?

Yes this is almost 2 years ago - but to you or anyone else experienced, how’d you get started with the cattle themselves? Did you buy them outright for $Xk each, or do another structure?