Where did you start banking?

I’ve been trying to set up a bank account with some of those “CBD/Hemp” friendly online banks, but they’re not as friendly as they advertise…

Where did you first make a bank account for your cannabusiness? What do you like about them? If you eventually switched, why?

I tried First Carolina since I’m based out of NC, but we’ll see if they get back to me.

Some info here

1 Like

Bank of America approved everyone I’ve sent.

How long it lasts is different for everyone. I think one did get closed.

2 Likes

Any bank approves, but they’ll catch on to the transactions somehow and tell you to kick rocks within the next 30 days.

From 2016-2018 some dispensaries / retail chains just rolled three banks, and if one said “gotcha”, we began switching payroll and purchasing accounts to the new bank that was already on standby…

1 Like

I’d recommend Fresno First or Salal CU if on the west coast. I’ve had experience with both institutions and Cannabis friendly for sure.

1 Like

Iv had two of my white label, mom and pop shops, customers shut down over the last two months… They both used Bank of America and both had CBD shit on their checks… Both printed their own checks… Both had their accounts open greater than 3 years…

One had a small printed area on their check, that said… DBA American Shaman…lol… :man_facepalming:

I would always blackout that small portion of the check… before I deposited them.

If you have to have HEMP in your business name… your gonna need more than that name to do business… there you go

3 Likes

So I opened my bank account for my hemp business with just my articles of incorporation in 2018… operated until 2020 and all of a sudden they decided they needed a bunch of information from me. Things like: every test I’ve ever sent in for, licenses, sales records, information about all of my employees, and a few other things I found invasive or ridiculous. I found a new bank and went with them instead cause that was to much work lol