What constitutes THC free distillate?

Probably CBN instead of THCs…

I’d check the supplier your getting it from. Several big ones even selling THC-F that def has THC in it just low levels.

Yeah T Free, to me, has always meant compliant distillate. So 0.3% or lower.

thats an abuse of language.

compliant distillate = <.3% delta 9

t free = free of THC

9 Likes

You’re 100% right. By definition, yeah T Free would mean it is free of THC. But as a buyer, pretty much everyone saying T-Free means <0.3%… Some are ND, some aren’t.
Just going off of my experience in buying.

So, @AutomationGuy, if you want the dictionary definition, yeah T free should mean no THC.
If you want the industry definition, it usually means compliant distillate. <0.3% THC

1 Like

“Non-dectectable” is also a myth.

The hardware used for detection can do parts per billion. 0.3% is 300ppm (which is 300,000ppb!!)

If someone tells you they can’t see it, the operative question is “how hard did you look?”.

The standard answer is “only as hard as we were paid to…”.

12 Likes

:thinking: Ya learn something new everyday. Especially on here.

couldn’t agree more with this. All accredited labs LOQ is a lot higher than they are capable of measuring. Saying a 60k piece of analytical equipment cant detect a component at .08% is laughable at best. but its good for people remediating THC as the difference in getting .07% thc is faaaaaar easier than getting even .01%

Zero T is another very annoying statement in this industry.

3 Likes

Lots of annoying phrases: Zero T, “Liters” (liters drives me nuts)

1 Like

Looking for all the liters of t free full spec oil :rofl: broker is ready with money in hand :thinking:

4 Likes

Don’t forget about the LOI for 100,000 liters/week zero T cbd disty

Zero T as in “duuuude ive got like no thc molecules left” it really means zero T arrggghhh!!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::yum::crazy_face:

3 Likes

Thanks all for the great answers. Very clear now.

1 Like

I know it’s super popular slang on this board…but I’ve always kind of hated the shorthand “disty”

Idk why it just rubs me the wrong way, like when people say bae or fam. Maybe its regional too since I see that language in western states more than in the NE.

No hate on the disty fam it’s just my own pet peeve.

1,000,000 uncut liters of t free disty per week fam, hit whatsapp

5 Likes

i have picked the term “disty” from here. I only use it as shorthand on my phone, never with a customer

Why does liters drive you nuts? It’s a fairly accurate unit of measure used in academia worldwide.

It doesn’t drive me nuts personally. But “liters” is often used to describe a kilo, and distillate is not the same density as h20 so a liter of distillate is not a kg and vice versa

2 Likes

What @Phytoalchemy said

It isn’t something I loose sleep on, but if I were to spend money on bulk distillate I would rather work with mass instead of volume because as temperature changes, density changes and volume is affected as a result. So you may have 900 grams of oil that is 1000 ml volume at 25 deg C, but maybe at 22 deg C its 900 ml (just using arbitrary numbers for example purposes).

I know that the liter , a unit of volume, is a unit of the metric system, used by many industries and is standard in science. I’ve always used it when doing analytical work like when preparing mobile phases,
Buffers, standard solutions and such, which makes sense in an analytical lab where environmental conditions are pretty constant and it is likely you are working with Molar concentration, which is given as moles/liter.

What irks me is that its implied that 1 liter is equivalent to 1 kilogram of distilled cannabinoids, but again this isn’t entirely truthful due to differences in density - which is a property which can change based on environmental conditions.

Also, like any unit of measure, a liter isn’t accurate or inaccurate it itself - it is a unit of measurement and not a measurement itself.

Edit: for errors

1 Like

I’ve used the 1ml = 1g approximation to roughly guess the mass of a jar of distillate, but only in the roughest of qualification. I believe drugs should always be sold in mass as well

Most people fill carts or syringes with distillate and those are also measured by volume, even though they all say a weight on the package. I definitely get where you’re coming from, it’s not like you buy a liter of diamonds or isolate, because density, but most people who use distillate at scale are using volumetric measurement to fill their cartridges and aren’t doing it by weight.

1 Like

It is also unlikely that folks are using 1L containers with accurate and fine graduations. Much room for error.

1 Like