Welch duoseal 1400 vs Edwards.

I used it in my elcheapo robinair w/o issues. About all it’s good for.

1 Like

Its your money. We used to go thru quite a bit so it made sense. Low e-5 is the best ive seen it do and not any better with manufacturer branded mineral oils.

Helps big time. So here’s where we’re at

Changed the oil and got it clean when we flushed it out. Have it sealed off and it’s only pulling around 1650-1700. It’s going down maybe 5 micron every 10 min. Do these things need to be ran for a while? This was sitting for about 6 months according to my boss. Another question is a 1/4” ID hose too small?

So if the pump needs to be overhauled we don’t really have time for that. Would this pump work on a 5L short path?

We’re just trying to get to short pathing asap without spending too much more obviously…

Thanks for any help in advance!

Sorry I didn’t list the specs of the Xtractor Depot pump. It says 12CFM 15micron

@Roguelab could you maybe chime in and help me out here as well? Was reading a few threads of your suggestion for 5L short path seems we need about a 20CFM pump? :\

If your running a 5l Still your runs are going to take forever with that welch, 5 micron is an acceptable blanked off vac depth but .9cfm is a very low flow rate. I don’t know about the other vac you posted a pic of, is it single stage or two stage? What blank off vac depth does it reach?

3 Likes

Its two stage 12CFM and it says on the plate 15 micron (assuming that’s the depth when it’s blanked off)

No and no

Try the grade 19 oil, vs the mineral oil. That could be an issue.

Also, are you sure there are no vac leaks at any connections?

1 Like

Just buy an edwards or leybold off ebay 90% of tbe time there totally fine if not rebuild it and you got a brand new pump for half tbe cost

1 Like

We actually used the specific oil for the duo seal.

We checked all connections a multitude of times. Then hooked up the same guage with same fittings to our 3.5 cfm and it was able to pull 500 micron.

1 Like

500 is not nearly enough vac depth.

2 Likes

You have a leak if only pulling to 500micron.

Finding leaks is the job. Nothing else we do takes any skill but vac leaks, they will break a man

5 Likes

Those pictures were very helpful, thank you.

I see you’re missing a hose clamp on one of the connections. There’s a very small chance that might be leaking air, but I doubt it. It looks like something is wrong with the pump. I have not had to rebuild mine yet, so I don’t know how tough a rebuild is. That would be the net step I suppose. I bet just taking it apart and cleaning the inside would be good enough.

As for the Xtractor depot pump, I do not know for sure as I have only personally used two pumps for short path, but my gut is that it will work. At least good enough to get you going while you get a long term solution.

1 Like

Welch pumps are very easy to rebuild compared to other types

2 Likes

We will take your old pump in trade for a brand new 2-stage Rotary Vane pump configured for oil extraction. Don’t waste your time trying to rebuild pumps when you can be processing. https://www.instagram.com/p/B2CsKRlBo80/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

1 Like

Glass and pumps are the 2 things you dont skimp on, it will cost you more in the end

1 Like

So solved sorry for the late reply
But i am a great fan of edwards so i would probably recomend that

2 Likes

so we got an Alcatel 2021i for now. We got it to 27 micron blanked off with improper fittings. All of our KF fittings will be here by Monday so we’ll be trying a run at some point this week!

Good choice good pump
Nice blanked of reading
All should go well :+1:

2 Likes

Praying to the lord and savior of the disti gods it does :laughing: thanks again for all the help brotha