Wax in solvent solubility test

No, I used hot water to remove water solubles from butane extracted waxes/ fats. It was a flaky white powder and melted into black glass when one of the local wooks torched it for some reason

2 Likes

The local wook heard you say wax and tried to smoke it?

2 Likes

Nah there was a lil bag of fats and thca left on the dab table (this was a dirty cold crash dewax in butane so im assuming some thca).

He took a fat lipper of chewing tobacco, torched one red hot and said he got so high of that dab that I was curious of what it melted into.

2 Likes

Ask your labs to test for nonacosane and hentriacontane. There are a few other similar long chain alkanes I’m aware of but these two are the only ones I’ve positively ID’d in cannabis extracts and may very well make up the bulk of the waxes. They both are white solids and make up tons of other natural waxes.

630-03-5
630-04-6

That should get you guys on the right track.

7 Likes
2 Likes

Wow!!

Extraction of wheat straw wax was carried out using a more environmentally friendly supercritical CO2 extraction. … a total of three tonnes of wheat, barley and oat straws were extracted using supercritical CO2 which yielded approximately 60 kg of wax. …
Economical assessment was carried out based on the scale up trial and it was concluded that currently the cereal straw wax would cost £12 per kg which is about 2 – 3 times higher than commercial waxes.

1 Like

Perhaps we should create a sub category to honor Beaker, move all of his threads to it?

15 Likes

I like this idea

:facepunch::green_heart:

4 Likes

I have a word pad file with all of the web links to beakers posts.
To put them all in they’re own sub category would be awesome.
All I would say is you should call the the category …
" The Golden Spoon "
Because that is essentially what its going to be. ( maybe in a few years we can change it to " the bilnd spoon " ) because of all the methanol poisoning hahaha :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

6 Likes