Very volatile terpenes

Double dutch rudder

3 Likes

The hte is not the same it used to be Forsure. Tends to be foamy, and thicker then before. Not all batches but some.

4 Likes

thanks! I thought I’d seen that…

@TRIPPIE was right!!!

it’s the isobutane…

:wink:

5 Likes

Well… I could go on and on but to no avail

3 Likes

Is that sample from a tank of n-butane?

1 Like

see: What's in YOUR solvent tank (today)?

2 Likes

This just in, circle jerks are a more sustainable economy than the entire US economy.

4 Likes

retract: apologies. New and didn’t/don’t know how to delete a comment.

1 Like

But why? Your comment was relevant to the discussion at hand. Which is more than can be said for some of the nonsense posted around here these days.

11 Likes

You should definitely leave that comment up. It is directly relevant to the topic

7 Likes

I experience this often and Ive been trying to figure it out too. It seems to happen more often with lower terpene content oil like under 5%. I usually just put the jar back in the vac oven under low heat and deep vac until it stops bubbling again. Ive had some jars that get all bubbly and when I crack the lid to the jar to let pressure out and sniff it it feels like im inhaling co2 from a dry ice cooler.

1 Like

I’ll pretend to be Smily and post his post…
:slight_smile:

At times Ive noticed even second crash jars (possibly holding too much butane still or guessing too many fats/waxes not winterized or drawn out cold enough??) Some terp purges seem to muffin under vac purge and is definitely frustrating. Thanks as Im sure more reading here however will definitely be helpful.

6 Likes

Well thank you for the support and willing to help. I’m new and have a lot to learn. With that stated, from reading here for some time before joining, it’s noted to any new joiner to do their reading first before asking or stating. With that I felt to respectfully to decline my post. I just like to read and smoke for rec and natural (as pure as can be medicine). I’m glad that many are in the same boat to help share with issues that may occur with techniques available. It takes a lot of time and effort and not looking for free handouts as most may feel and as I could try to respectfully understand. So a special thanks to those. I’d personally like to use something as natural as can be over strong pharmaceuticals. yadda yadda I’ll stop before getting weird ya’ll. Thank you Also has “very volatile terpenes” actually been stated? How ever am still very curious on any techniques to acquire a quick hte sauce from vac purge. 5000ppm n-butane is legal in canada and some volatile terpenes burn black and harsh as if they weren’t even at a 700PPM N-BUTANE. More reading I feel is proper and finding the one to smoke healthy from is def proper thanks all

please feel free to add any suggestions or opinions on how long to vac purge and suggestive variables, just on allowing n-butane to ppm’s down to a safe state without testing?

You can watch for the signs and be right 9/10 times, but the only sure fire way is to get a GC for residual headspace analysis.

3 Likes

Thank you for the reply. “GC”? Late day and acronym is not clicking.

Gas chromatography

2 Likes

Ah yes. Thank you.

Your probably not decarbing all the way.

1 Like

Let’s say that it is fully decarbed, just for entertainment purposes. But, what about the thca still in my HT?

2 Likes