Vans Vans VANS

Needed more diesel and getting her cranked up before the test drive. Friday, she’s back in my possession and I’ll prep her for new paint.

3 Likes

Tthinking about buying a used Prevost non slide… anybody ever owned one that can give me advise?

3 Likes

Pretty sure my cousin just bought an old Prevost coach bus a couple months ago. He’s been dealing with all kinds of unexpected issues, mostly due to rust on the frame. I’ll pick his brain a bit to see if he has any tips.

1 Like

That’s interesting. Isn’t all Prevost frames and chassis stainless steel?

1 Like

Apparently not. There is a ton of nice and shiny stainless on the body, but the frame, not so much, at least on his bus.

1 Like

Your better off getting a trailer to pull with that bad ass van, rather than towing the van behind that beast. Pop outs are a must.

2 Likes

I agree. 100%

3 Likes

While the slide outs are very nice, being the room they provide. I’ve driven one with and without the slide outs and the drivability of the non slide is primo compared to driving with the slides. And the air gaskets do need maintenance and will fail eventually. That’s $5-10k for a new one plus labor per slide.

I’ve heard pulling a trailer with a lifted vehicle is not good… but this is my first lifted van… I would have to try a demo first.

Just need a stiffer rear spring and track bars. I’ve never had a issue towing with raised vehicles.
It’s nice to be able to leave the trailer at camp and go explore

1 Like

I did install Firestone Airbags on it. To help in case I did tow.

1 Like

I added bags to a 1500 and towed way to much a few times.20k You’ll be fine.

1 Like

@Boomtownpharms I have towed plenty of heavy trailers with my truck with a 4” rough country suspension lift . I towed a 10000 LB trailer cross country and back no problem . Actually drives better with a trailer / load . I’m sure if you went to a 6” lift or higher it would start changing how it rides . Also you don’t just have some cheap lift kit you got a baller one so I’m sure it would tow great !

2 Likes

This van has an 8” lift. On 37’s. It’s a one ton. Should be able to handle some weight.

1 Like

watched a few of your brothers videos… did they ever get it all fixed up?

1 Like

Is still a work in progress. Turned out to be a lot more than expected as far as repairs have gone, but it’s coming along, slowly but surely.

1 Like

FOR SALE:

Anybody wanting to “up” their van game?

Dana 60 front axle w/ SSBC big brake kit and MileMarker extended manual hubs all built by UJointOffRoad (does not have RSC) 8 x 170
$7,500

Custom diesel fuel tank powdered coated black by UJointOffRoad
$1,250

Hand sanded and painted Black e350 2002 year model regular body frame with new body mounts
(I’ll include UJointOffRoads dual Fox 2.0 shock tower mounts)
$1,500

2003 Ford E150 Chateau body with new front end swap
$2,500

4” diamondeye straight pipe exhaust
$400

ATS Diesel Stage 2 Transmission w/ deep oil pan
$5,500

Mishimoto triple wall aluminum radiator (for 7.3L)
$300

4” custom air intake (for 7.3L)
$300

Custom driveshafts for the 8” UJointOffRoad lift
$500

7.3L engine with big banks turbo upgrade and new injectors (all the works) does produce white smoke. Idk if it’s an injector issue or simply having to change out MAT sensor, I’m just freaking done with the diesels
$2,000

Most these parts fit 99-03 7.3L diesels for regular body vans. Im still keeping most my gear, just buying a 2013 V10 van to put them on.

2 Likes