USA labs chiller almost killed me

You would be the plug for this I’d imagine. If anyone wants anything overseas, I heard you’re the shaman :wink:

1 Like

When I went pre-covid I saw how silly they label each city with what they each specify in.

In reality, there are manufacturing facilities that specify in almost all trades, scattered throughout china.

You can find groups of heavy/light industrial usually grouped near ore/smelters, but thats about all that’ll be grouped.
Everything is kinda sporadically placed throughout the various provinces.

The trade centers in Shenzhen are nuts for smaller gadgets and electronics.
The components are made all over, and assembled all over.

Not necessarily a rhyme/reason to every factories placement in China.

2 Likes

I gotta ask, how’d you find yourself hitting it with an ax? You’re my kind of crazy.

7 Likes

Mf didn’t want to pay me after an install. Tried to con me into doing the job without paying me. :cowboy_hat_face:

19 Likes

I like your style

2 Likes

:rofl::skull_and_crossbones::rofl::skull_and_crossbones::rofl::skull_and_crossbones:

3 Likes

On the other hand, I hope you’re okay and you’re not hurt at all. . … Which model chiller? How old was it? How much did you pay for it?

1 Like

and photos, I know the kids and I wanna see the dead body

2 Likes

If f2hundo has taught me anything, it’s that you should build hurricane glass boxes around each component on the extraction site.

Chillers, manual dab presses, window air conditioners, and the toaster. Blast glass them all.

Only way to be truly safe.

That and UL listed purchases.

5 Likes

Hey there! I’m Matt the C.O.O. at USA Lab. I’m really sorry to hear this had happened to your unit and I’m glad to hear you’re okay! As a small family-owned business, we strive to make every one of our customers happy. We stand behind our products and would love to help you get this issue resolved. Please contact me at matt@usalab.com and I’ll make sure to have someone get this resolved ASAP. (I’d love to help you personally, but I’m at home with my 12-day old son!) Again, I really do appreciate your patience and being a USA Lab customer.

8 Likes

Say what u want about the quality of shit from USA labs, their customer service is actually pretty good.

I had bought a triclamp keg from them and the diptube lid they sent had a pinhole leak in one of the welds and they just sent me brand new one. Try getting that service out of HFS…

11 Likes

Yeah hfs can eat a dick. Fuck those guys

6 Likes

Man… that sucks that happened. I was there yesterday helping out (not a lot to do these days while the new lab is being built out). I’d be curious to see the resolution on this. Any issues I’ve had with equipment (which in 5 years has been very little) it was always taken care of. I’ve sent many of my consults there for equipment because they do have, by far, the best customer service.

I’m curious to see if this was bought direct from them or a secondhand (used model) as well. We all know people in this industry that operate equipment that should even be given a drivers license let alone be running equipment (not meaning the op, but if it was bought secondhand, THAT user).

That being said…

Nothing we buy as consumers is guaranteed. USA built equipment fails as well. It’s up to us as operators to be thorough in our practices for lab safety and maintenance. I keep logs on all my equipment (with receipts) for any maintenance that’s done (like we do with our cars). I suggest everyone does this, especially if you have multiple users in the same facility. This also helps if you need/want to sell it.

If you don’t schedule maintenance for your equipment, it will schedule it for you.

Just glad you’re okay and no one got hurt or worse.

But, I’m curious (as it seems a few of us are) to see pics.

6 Likes

That’d be pretty slick if you could get an endorsement on your license. Like hazmat freight.

Just for the record, nothing USA labs sells is USA built lol.

2 Likes

Some of their glassware is.
Even most of Harley Davidsons engine components aren’t USA components. Just assembled in the USA. 90% of the stuff in our homes isn’t manufactured in the states. Remember when the Galaxy Note phones batteries would just explode or burst into flames? Amperex Technology does lol

Not defending shitty builds. I’ve seen some shit from Korea that were solid and built quite well. I’ve also seen shit too. Just gotta find and differentiate between the good manufacturers and the bad.

2 Likes

I’d assume more than 90% of the objects you interact with on a daily basis were made in China or India.

1 Like

1000%

Need to teach a class on maintenance and safety, what to look for (worn parts, seals, leaks, etc.) better SOPs in labs. Safety, for me, is #1.

7 Likes

Here I am, lighting stoges up while I’m making snow angels

1 Like

Here I am, at 4:30am, up and posting.

What the fuck is wrong with us? :joy:

I’d rather be doing what you’re doing

4 Likes

I’m out of my element.

DonnyKerabatsos

5 Likes