Up to date list of Known Cannabinoids

I am no chemist but in really old afrikan cultivated biomass that I use to distill CBN out delta 8 is often present in < 0.3% amounts while CBN is at 4 / 5%

1 Like

That’s awesome. I really don’t see why the plant wouldn’t be able to in small amounts. Never made sense to me. Thanks for the info. Good stuff.

1 Like

I used to work as QC Manager at a testing lab. I don’t have reports on hand, but I observed it occasionally, always in amounts like 0.1% or less. There is a reason it was included in the earliest standard collections, way before distillate was popular.

3 Likes

Qualitative and quantitative measurement of cannabinoids in cannabis using modified HPLC/DAD method.

Patel B, et al. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2017.

Show full citation

Abstract

This study presents an accurate and high throughput method for the quantitative determination of various cannabinoids in cannabis plant material using high pressure liquid chromatography (HPLC) with a diode array detector (DAD). Sample extraction and chromatographic analysis conditions for the measurement of cannabinoids in the complex cannabis plant material matrix were optimized. The Agilent Poroshell 120 SB-C18 column provided high resolution for all target analytes with a short run time (10minutes) given the core shell technology. The aqueous buffer mobile phase was optimized with ammonium acetate at pH 4.75. The change in the mobile phase and the new column ensured a separation between cannabidiol (CBD and cannabigerol (CBG) along with cannabigerol and tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA), which were not well separated by previous publications, improved buffering capacity, and provided analytical performance stability. Moreover, baseline drifting was significantly minimized by the use of a low concentration buffer solution (25mM ammonium acetate). In addition, evaporation and reconstitution of the sample residue with a methanol-organic pure (OP) water solution (65:35) significantly reduced the matrix interference. The modified extraction produced good recoveries (>91%) for each of the eight cannabinoids. The optimized method was validated for specificity, linearity, sensitivity, precision, accuracy, and stability. The combined relative standard deviation (%RSD) for intra-day and inter-day precision for all eight analytes varied from 2.5% to 5.2% and 0.28% to 5.5%, respectively. The %RSD for the repeatability study varied from 1.1% to 5.5%. The recoveries from spiked cannabis matrix samples were greater than 90% for all analytes, except delta-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ8-THC), which was 80%. The recoveries varied from 81% to 107% with a precision of 0.7-8.1%RSD. Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ9-THC) in all of the cannabis samples (n=635) was less than 10%, which is in compliance with the NJ Medicinal Marijuana regulation. Analysis of samples from two cultivars, which included ten individual samples, four composite samples, seven calibration standards, and four quality control standards, can be performed within 24hours by this high throughput method.

D8 reported from flower samples, so yea both THCa-B and d8 occur in flower.

2 Likes

Where could I find some more information on this?

@Bholagiri2020 @Raindust please give us a list of all southamerican landraces and there
Pheno type s :grin:

2 Likes

Hi, the original landraces were separated in high lands, mid lands and low lands. Info can be found cannabis botany by Robert Clark.

Strains off head Columbian gold, punta roja, 4 amarillos ( mid lands), two to four blue or purple types ( main cultivation is know as la negra if I remember right ) , few brown types which was heavy oil producers and mango bieche. These are the original strains from the area.

The black strain and columbian bieche are 12-16 weeks. They are usually very strong and used in combination with European strains to balance the effect etc 2-1 columbian strain. The last report taken from an activist there.

Rogue lab always a pleasure… in MK

5 Likes

Just to confirm, these are strains that naturally have a high % of Delta-8 THC in them correct? Are there any other strains from other countries similar to these? Why is it that D8 is found in higher percentages near the equator?

now we are working with a landrace called “COMMUNAL”. by the local people in the area of Colombia that we work. the story is that the seeds were brought by the African people who arrived in the times of the Spanish colony. This plant is the one that local people have grown since ancient times, so if you ask any local person about the original plant in the area, it is this that we are growing at the moment. right now it is blooming so soon we will be able to inform you of the cannabinoisdes present.
about phenotipes: we are differentiating them.
as extra data we are growing in the south of colombia also landarce of morocco and nepal. soon we will also have results. Thanks roguelab for asking us, you are always very helpful.

4 Likes