Ultrasonic extraction

Did you run trough yet ?

What were your results from the enzyme assisted extraction?

Currently working on something similar that is yielding a 50-60% total cannabinoid, water soluble extract in about two minutes using less than $500 worth of equipment and no heat or solvent.

Of course thatā€™s hobby scale at the moment until i have the SOP nailed. However Iā€™ll be able to do the same thing at scale, all I really need is a giant high speed blender.

3 Likes

@RedDog Are you using Sonication, or high sheer blending? Also have you tried playing around with PH, I was working in a lab helping to develop a mostly water based extraction the issue was emulsions forming funny enough.

No sonication, only high shear blending. Yes pH is a crucial part of the process.

The extract also has a much much milder taste than typical crude oil or distillate. When added to water with an acid, the taste is neutral.

1 Like

No one really took the challenge. Our degumming enzyme is still available if youā€™d like to try it.

1 Like

Can you send me some more information on that degumming enzyme ?

Hello @teknikk7, thanks for the photo pretty coo flow cell set up. We are using the same ultrasonic probe as well from Hielscher. Would like to talk to you about maybe doing something similar.

2 Likes

Shoot me a PM.

1 Like

The biggest issue Iā€™ve experienced with ultrasonic extraction is that no traditional hemp or cannabis labs have been able to accurately test it. Anyone else run into this issue? Have a solution?

3 Likes

You should be able to test it like any other distillate. Sonicating is just another method of extraction. Can you explain in more detail the issue?

Thanks

4 Likes

This was last year. Hope someone is still out there. What type of pump would be used for this process?

1 Like

Would you consider opening a thread about this? ā€œwater soluble extract in two minutesā€ thanks!

I was wondering if the wave length could be manipulated to match the wavelength of a specific compound?

1 Like

More then a year later update, been seeing some sonic methods on the market, depends on the region and access to equipment but seeing it once or twice in Europe and Balkens, still defiantly not a corporate cannabis industry standard from what I have seen so far.

There are multiple massive ultra cryo sonication systems that were sold to American companies last year- four foot probes with recirculating reactors that make a slushy slurry out of these pelletized shit nuggets of hemp biomass that fed to oversized basket algae centrifuges 10 feet across - all the steel is shiny and lovely on the outside but absolute dog shit when you poke your head inside- pitted welds, no polishing whatsoever, basically slapped together to look imposing and expensive but no one gave a damn about finishing the contact surfaces

The electronics were so far out of code and the behavior of the importers was so unhinged that not a single fire marshall would give them the go ahead-

so they just sit.

Dollar Bill Lab Art Bonfire Babies.

I donā€™t think any of them are running, but Iā€™d love to see one go! Not for consumables just to see the Oompa Loompas pop out and sing that shitty little song about how the guys who sold the gear are being sued into oblivion by the buyers who somehow managed not to go belly up- itā€™s like the blind leading the blind to a blind date with a gap toothed car salesman out there in hempster nightmare land - what a way to end a decade

17 Likes

Did you use water or ethanol? Also, what kind of blender did you use?
Curious to see if the blender action is similar to sanitation. Thanks in advance!

Yeah thatā€™d be cool. ā€œUltrasound assistedā€ reminds me of a setup someone we telling me about where there were essentially tuning forks in the dry area of a sloped screw press so the trichomes would be exploded then the cannabis would be pressed in a flow-through methodā€¦ been wondering how that would work ever since

so nice to read good things about heilsher im 2 weeks to get mine set up hope to get some help from you guys

2 Likes

We can supply the ultrasonic extraction machine
Pls feel free to contact us .
info@gaokangmedical-lab.com

1 Like

@Yancy, we appreciate transparency here. Can you list your info, models, and prices here please?

2 Likes